[comp.sys.apple] System Disk 5.0 ships

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU (07/21/89)

I called APDA this afternoon and as far as they're concerned, they'll
have the disk "before the end of the summer."  When I asked them why
the press release went out on Monday if no one really had the disk
the woman replied "That's what we'd like to know."

Matt, Mark, or Dave, want to comment?  Is the disk available?
I'm happy as the next person to wait if that's what I need to do,
but if I can get it sooner, it'd be nice.

    Todd A. Bakal                              Remember: 1 Million people
    U of M Apple User's Group                  saved Spock.  Think about
    Ann Arbor, Michigan                        what GS owners could do.

    Internet: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu          FTP: 35.1.1.43
    UUCP: ...!uunet!ub.cc.umich.edu!tabakal    BITnet: Tabakal@UMICHUB

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (07/22/89)

In article <3305637@ub.cc.umich.edu> Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU writes:
>I called APDA this afternoon and as far as they're concerned, they'll
>have the disk "before the end of the summer."  When I asked them why
>the press release went out on Monday if no one really had the disk
>the woman replied "That's what we'd like to know."
>
>Matt, Mark, or Dave, want to comment?  Is the disk available?
>I'm happy as the next person to wait if that's what I need to do,
>but if I can get it sooner, it'd be nice.

Well I wish I could enlighten people a bit, but I don't know the whole
story.  I do know that the disk is final and finished and on dealer price
lists.  I don't know what causes the delays.  I think that Matt will be
able to add to this, but the entire Apple II DTS crew is in Kansas City
for the Apple II developers conference for the next few days.

As for wishes to post it on the net, we cannot at this time since it is
copyrighted software.  If we work out the details, we will post it on
the Apple FTP site, but until that time, it cannot be posted on Usenet
anywhere.  Licensed bulletin boards and electronic services like
CompuServe should have it soon.

Hope this helps a little.

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_