[comp.sys.apple] GS system 5.0

DICKSON@HARTFORD.BITNET (06/15/89)

Hi all,

        I just got back from a 2-week vacation, and signed off of info-apple
during that time.  Is there any news of 5.0?  I.E., is it out yet?  I talked
to a dealer a few days ago, and he said all he knew of it was what people who
had been at Applefest had told him.  I was quite amazed and disgusted that an
Apple-only store hadn't sent at least one representative to Applefest, but
that point aside, I'm just curious about when it'll be available.

Thanks in advance,

                                Bill Dickson
                                DICKSON@HARTFORD.BITNET

tribby@hpindda.HP.COM (David Tribby) (06/16/89)

I, too, am eager to get my hands on the new system software!
From earlier discussions, I expect System Disk 5.0 to be released
sometime this summer. (It's hard to complete comprehensive software
testing quickly, so it could be another couple of months...but I'd rather
have a solid product even if it takes longer!)

Could someone from Apple...

    Give us a progress report (done coding? done testing? done documenting?)

    Tell us whether 5.0 is weeks or months away from release.

    Indicate what products will be released by Apple (any support tools,
    in addition to the system disk) and related products from other
    companies (e.g. TML's Pascal II requires 5.0, and they will also
    offer a resource editor)

    After it is available, post the APDA ordering number(s) to the net
    so we don't have to wait for the catalog to arrive in the mail.

--Dave Tribby
                                   - - - - -
        ARPA: tribby%hpda@hplabs.HP.COM   UUCP: hplabs!hpda!tribby

REWING@TRINCC.BITNET (06/19/89)

Nope, still unreleased, as far as I know.  I'm really anxious to see it
(along the rest of the world), but I seem to have missed my chance to
see it early.  I just came back to Cupertino, and only managed to
find some friends of mine in the Mac programming side.  I unofrtunetely
didn't get a chance to cruise the De Anza 3 building for the demigods
of Apple ][.  *sigh*.

--Rick Ewing
  Apple Atlanta

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (06/19/89)

In article <8906190100.aa07275@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> REWING@TRINCC.BITNET writes:
>find some friends of mine in the Mac programming side.  I unofrtunetely
>didn't get a chance to cruise the De Anza 3 building for the demigods
>of Apple ][.  *sigh*.

Let's not forget the DTS folk who don't live in DA3.  Next time stop by
City Center 3 (formerly Valley Green 5) to see these Apple II powers...

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

REWING@TRINCC.BITNET (06/20/89)

Next time I'm in Corputino, I'll do just that.  Thanks for the directions
on where to go. I look forward to putting some faces with names...

--Rick Ewing
  Apple Atlanta

ernies@pro-generic.cts.com (Ernie Spiteri) (07/22/89)

Network Comment: to #2497 by pnet01!crash!ucbvax.berkeley.edu!hpda!hpcuhb!hpindda!tribby

I've discovered that Carmen Sandiego (GS version) won't work with my beta 5.0
for some reason.

joseph@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Seymour Joseph) (08/03/89)

Will The Apple IIGS system 5.0 disks be posted online on AppleLink
Apple Edition?  I can more easily download them from there than from
another service.

Seymour