From: jlink@pro-xy.UUCP (John Link)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple
Subject: Re: Kansasfest
Date: 3 Aug 89 05:18:52 GMT
Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU

Network Comment: to #31 by obsolete!pro-xy!jlink%bloom-beacon.mit.edu

and that is it.  We probably get a dozen or so of these a week.  I dont see
anything else like this in any other group that we get.  And this occurs
from a number of different proline groups - so it just isnt one person
who doesnt know what he is doing.

Since I happen to be in a bind as to posting (I have to use an IBM based
OPUS system to post - and is IT archaic - I have never seen any of my
postings appear on the group!) Would you mind asking folks for me if anyone
has discovered what this problem is?  And if you are getting the same
problem perhaps it could be escalated?

Thanks

jlink@pro-xy.UUCP (John Link) (08/06/89)

Network Comment: to #96 by obsolete!lwv27%CAS.BITNET%cunyvm.cuny.edu

Sorry about that folks.  What I wanted to type was ".a" to "add" with the
local editor.  What I hit (apparently) was ".s" which saves it to the mdss
log.  There is no practical way to delete a message one it is saved, as the
local board is (READ ONLY).  While I probably "don't know what I am doing,"
that is not the problem as far as this goes.  However, having just downloaded
72 messages for taoday's feed (I am the sysop for pro-xy) it is hard to
imagine that one bum-up message makes much difference.  I read plenty of
messages that would have been more infomrative if they had been sent before
the typing began...but that is part of the fun of looking in on a net.
Efficiency and economy seem foreign to the enterprise, if not beside the
point.  But then, some may get a kick out of getting ticked off...