[comp.sys.apple] AppleWorks 2.0 patch?

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU (08/05/89)

Matt D. mentioned a patch to let AppleWorks 2.0 work under ProDOS 16
by disabling the call that lets New Desk Accessories crash.  The
only reference in A2-Central that I've seen was on pg. 21 of April, 1988.
No solution, just a mention.  Was there ever a solution posted?
If not, does someone have a step-by-step Block Warden session that
they could present.

    Todd A. Bakal                              Remember: 1 Million people
    U of M Apple User's Group                  saved Spock.  Think about
    Ann Arbor, Michigan                        what GS owners could do.

    Internet: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu          FTP: 35.1.1.43
    UUCP: ...!uunet!ub.cc.umich.edu!tabakal    BITnet: Tabakal@UMICHUB

jlink@pro-xy.UUCP (John Link) (08/06/89)

Network Comment: to #86 by obsolete!Tabakal%ub.cc.umich.edu

I have a program, called SuperPatch, which will fix the NDA load bug in
AppleWorks 2.0.  Claris itself fixed it in version 2.1.  The public domain
versions of SuperPatch are those at 3.0 and below.  3.0 and I think the 2.x
releases will fix this problem.  Version 3.1 is a "BeggarWare" version (you
press [B] at the main menu, and it begs you for five bucks.  The current
version, which installs 187 patches on AW 2.x, is not available, except on
disk. It costs $20.00 shipped anywhere in the US, from:

      John Link
      3382 Sandra Drive
      Kalamazoo, MI  49004

See this month's A-2 Central for a description of the 187 patches.

dcw@athena.mit.edu (David C. Whitney) (08/08/89)

:
:I have a program, called SuperPatch, which will fix the NDA load bug in
:AppleWorks 2.0.  Claris itself fixed it in version 2.1.  The public domain
:versions of SuperPatch are those at 3.0 and below.  3.0 and I think the 2.x
:releases will fix this problem.  Version 3.1 is a "BeggarWare" version (you
:press [B] at the main menu, and it begs you for five bucks.  The current
:version, which installs 187 patches on AW 2.x, is not available, except on
:disk. It costs $20.00 shipped anywhere in the US, from:
:
:      John Link
:      3382 Sandra Drive
:      Kalamazoo, MI  49004
:
:See this month's A-2 Central for a description of the 187 patches.

I had Superpatch, but a mild crash on my system caused it to vanish. I
actaully still have the docs (a lot of good *they* do, huh? :-)

So, could somebody post the latest version they are allowed to post? I
guess that would be 3.1 (or maybe just 3.0). Thanks so much.

Dave Whitney	A junior (well, a senior) in Computer Science at MIT
dcw@athena.mit.edu  ...!bloom-beacon!athena.mit.edu!dcw  dcw@goldilocks.mit.edu
I wrote Z-Link & BinSCII. Send me bug reports. I use a //GS. Send me Tech Info.
"This is MIT. Collect and 3rd party calls will not be accepted at this number."

JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) (08/09/89)

> I had Superpatch, but a mild crash on my system caused it to vanish. I
> actaully still have the docs (a lot of good *they* do, huh? :-)
>
> So, could somebody post the latest version they are allowed to post? I
> guess that would be 3.1 (or maybe just 3.0). Thanks so much.

SuperPatch 3.1 is in file 89-01074 on the APPLE2-L list server at the
BITNET node BROWNVM.

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                   (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU                              <-- preferred address
INTERNET: JDA@CU.NIH.GOV     or     jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,   Bethesda, MD 20892

-+- Remember.  If some weirdo in a blue suit offers you some MS-DOS,
JUST SAY NO!