[comp.sys.apple] Menu disabling

STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) (08/08/89)

  How does one disable and then re-enable an entire menu (as opposed to
a single menu item)?

  I know there's a DisableMItem and an EnableMItem toolbox call for
items, but haven't seen a corresponding call for menus themselves in
the scanty documentation I have.

Alan H. Stein              | stein@uconnvm.bitnet
Department of Mathematics  | stein%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
University of Connecticut  | ...psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN
32 Hillside Avenue         |
Waterbury, CT 06710        | Compu$erve  71545,1500
(203) 757-1231             | GEnie       ah.stein

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (08/09/89)

In article <8908080837.aa03707@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) writes:

>  How does one disable and then re-enable an entire menu (as opposed to
>a single menu item)?
>
>  I know there's a DisableMItem and an EnableMItem toolbox call for
>items, but haven't seen a corresponding call for menus themselves in
>the scanty documentation I have.

SetMenuFlag($0080,menuID) is what you're looking for (Vol I, p13-72).  Not
one of the more obvious calls, is it?  (Maybe the manuals should have
fictitious calls alphabetized right in there, like "DisableMenu:  Sorry,
there is no such call, but see SetMenuFlag instead."  0.5 :-)

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875
   AppleLink--Personal Edition: Dave Lyons   |   Cupertino, CA 95015-0875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.