[comp.sys.apple] problems downloading/unpacking "Fontasm"

hartkopf@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Jeff Hartkopf) (08/09/89)

I recently got the program "Fontasm" version 1.0, by Stephan Hadinger,
from the Apple2-L archive.  However, after I un-BinSCII'd it, and while I
was using BLU to extract it, I got a checksum error, and although BLU
finished extracting it, when I ran the program from the Finder it crashed
while loading the program with a system error (in a text-screen dialog box).
I tried the entire process twice, so it can't be a downloading error, and
I also tried unpacking it with ShrinkIT--same problem.  If anyone has a good
copy of this program, or knows where I can get a good copy, could you
please post it or mail it to me?  Thank you very much.

Jeff Hartkopf

Internet:
hartkopf@tramp.Colorado.EDU

evan@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Evan Ron Aussenberg) (08/09/89)

In article <10585@boulder.Colorado.EDU> hartkopf@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Jeff Hartkopf) writes:
>I recently got the program "Fontasm" version 1.0, by Stephan Hadinger,
>from the Apple2-L archive.  However, after I un-BinSCII'd it, and while I
>was using BLU to extract it, I got a checksum error, and although BLU
>finished extracting it, when I ran the program from the Finder it crashed...

Thankyou for posting.  I posted 2 messages myself but nobody answered... I
finaly sent some email to find out what the $110A system error was.

Yes, as I've told Chris at BROWNVM, the fontasm.A.sys16 file is bad.  I wrote
to the original senders but I didn't hear from them.

It's defintely the file since I requested it 2x and tried downloading it
about 4 different ways to no avail.

Evan Ron Aussenberg - evan@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu

delaneyg@wnre.aecl.CDN ("H. Grant Delaney") (08/09/89)

>I recently got the program "Fontasm" version 1.0, by Stephan Hadinger,...
>was using BLU to extract it, I got a checksum error, and although BLU

Yes this copy is buggy Like you I got the same problem and contacted the Author
who sent me out a correct copy.  I guess we'ld better get one to apple2-l

Grant

In article <219*delaneyg@wnre.aecl.cdn> delaneyg@wnre.aecl.CDN ("H. Grant Delaney") writes:

>>I recently got the program "Fontasm" version 1.0, by Stephan Hadinger,...
>>was using BLU to extract it, I got a checksum error, and although BLU
>
>Yes this copy is buggy Like you I got the same problem and contacted the Author
>who sent me out a correct copy.  I guess we'ld better get one to apple2-l

Grant, since you have a good copy, could you please either post it or mail
it to me?  I'd really appreciated it.  Thanks very much.

Jeff Hartkopf

Internet:
hartkopf@tramp.Colorado.EDU