[comp.sys.apple] System Disk 5.0 Boot thermometer

JWANKERL@UTCVM.BITNET ("Josef W. Wankerl") (08/09/89)

  I just noticed the other day then when I watch my boot thermometer
fill up on System Disk 5.0, the red fills the entire thermometer and
then a fleck of the background blue color covers up a few pixels on
the upper lefthand corner of the dialog box (I guess that's what it's
called).  I don't think it causes any problems, though.  Oh yeah, it
happens when I boot from the 3.5 disk or my 10 meg ProFile.

 Any insights?

-Gonzo

/**********************************************************************\
|*      Joe "Gonzo" Wankerl       |*|  The views expressed here are   *|
|* BITNET =>  JWANKERL@UTCVM      |*|  not necessarily yours...       *|
|*                                |*|         ...but they should be.  *|
\**********************************************************************/

In article <8908081854.aa18739@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> JWANKERL@UTCVM.BITNET ("Josef W. Wankerl") writes:

>  I just noticed the other day then when I watch my boot thermometer
>fill up on System Disk 5.0, the red fills the entire thermometer and
>then a fleck of the background blue color covers up a few pixels on
>the upper lefthand corner of the dialog box (I guess that's what it's
>called).  I don't think it causes any problems, though.  Oh yeah, it
>happens when I boot from the 3.5 disk or my 10 meg ProFile.
>
> Any insights?
>
>-Gonzo

It's harmless; it's an inter-system thing done by the Finder to fix an obscure
problem that was occasionally popping up.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
AppleLink PE: Matt DTS  GEnie: AIIDTS | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
CompuServe: 76703,3030                | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
Usenet:  mattd@apple.com              | have any opinion on any subject."
UUCP:  (other stuff)!ames!apple!mattd | "So there."