[comp.sys.apple] System Software 5.0

In article <3298515@ub.cc.umich.edu> Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU writes:
>According to the Press Release, 5.0 goes for $49.  Can we legally copy
>it onto blank disks if we bring our original System Disks to Apple
>Dealers.  Some of us don't want the "glossy" manuals and would rather
>buy the reference when it becomes available.

>    Todd A. Bakal                              Remember: 1 Million people

Note that Apple dealers are allowed to copy System Software (Apple II and
Macintosh) onto floppy disks and give it to their customers, but they are
not required to do so.

Matt Deatherage, Apple Computer, Inc. | "The opinions expressed in this tome
Send PERSONAL mail ONLY (please) to:  | should not be construed to imply that
AppleLink PE: Matt DTS  GEnie: AIIDTS | Apple Computer, Inc., or any of its
CompuServe: 76703,3030                | subsidiaries, in whole or in part,
Usenet:  mattd@apple.com              | have any opinion on any subject."
UUCP:  (other stuff)!ames!apple!mattd | "So there."

Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU (08/15/89)

According to the Press Release, 5.0 goes for $49.  Can we legally copy
it onto blank disks if we bring our original System Disks to Apple
Dealers.  Some of us don't want the "glossy" manuals and would rather
buy the reference when it becomes available.

    Todd A. Bakal                              Remember: 1 Million people
    U of M Apple User's Group                  saved Spock.  Think about
    Ann Arbor, Michigan                        what GS owners could do.

    Internet: Tabakal@ub.cc.umich.edu          FTP: 35.1.1.43
    UUCP: ...!uunet!ub.cc.umich.edu!tabakal    BITnet: Tabakal@UMICHUB

rewing@Apple.COM (Richard Ewing) (08/16/89)

yes, the software is also free to all of you who wish to just copy it
and forge ahead without docs.  I believe this was said at the end of
the press release.

--Rick Ewing
  Apple Atlanta
|Disclaimer:  Segmentation Fault: Core Dumped.                            |
|Internet: REWING@APPLE.COM-----------------------Rick Ewing              |
|ApplelinkPE & MacNet Soon!------------------Apple Computer, Inc.         |
|Applelink: EWING--------------------100 Ashford Center North, Suite 100  |
|Compu$erve: [76474,1732]--------------------Atlanta, GA 30338            |
|GENIE: R.EWING1--------------------------TalkNet: (404) 393-9358         |
|USENET: {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!rewing                         |