[comp.sys.apple] IIGS Toolbox Routines

jonah@amos.ling.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (07/20/89)

In article <QYl9kSy00Xo7Q0aVNJ@andrew.cmu.edu> cd1f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Chadley Kaye Dawson) writes:
>Where can I get information on the "new" toolbox routines, that are not
>mentioned in
>Apple IIGS ToolBox Reference Manuals I and II (such as the Midi Toolbox
>etc...) ?
>Any help would be appreciated.

Well, APDA sells a product called _The Apple IIGS Tooblx Reference Update_,
which documents the various as-yet undocumanted toolsets, corrects some errors
in the bound versions of the Toolbox Reference, and documents some new tools
in the old toolsets. Unfortunately I'm moving at the end of the week and have
packed my APDALogs, so I can't give you the order number, but if you call them
(I hope you're a member...) they should know what you're talking about. Also,
you might want to wait a while as rumor has it that the new updates for System
Disk 5.0 will contain all the information in the previous update, which would
make it dumb to buy both.

Jonah

bsherman@pro-exchange.cts.com (Bob Sherman) (07/23/89)

Comment to message from: pnet01!crash!apple.com!dlyons (David Lyons)

I spoke with APDA on Friday. They claim System Software will not ship before
September, and they will not have it available before then. They say they will
also have at that time some new beta versions of some of the reference books
that pertain to the new tools, and the system software.

UUCP: crash!pro-exchange!bsherman
ARPA: crash!pro-exchange!bsherman@nosc.mil
INET: bsherman@pro-exchange.cts.com

cd1f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Chadley Kaye Dawson) (08/15/89)

Where can I get information on the "new" toolbox routines, that are not
mentioned in
Apple IIGS ToolBox Reference Manuals I and II (such as the Midi Toolbox
etc...) ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Chad Dawson
cd1f@andrew.cmu.edu

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (08/16/89)

In article <QYl9kSy00Xo7Q0aVNJ@andrew.cmu.edu> cd1f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Chadley Kaye Dawson) writes:
>Where can I get information on the "new" toolbox routines, that are not
>mentioned in
>Apple IIGS ToolBox Reference Manuals I and II (such as the Midi Toolbox
>etc...) ?
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Chad Dawson
>cd1f@andrew.cmu.edu

The Toolbox Reference Update from APDA (1-800-282-APDA) talks about MIDI.
System Software 5.0 documentation is not yet available from APDA.  I don't
know whether they know when they'll have it.

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875
   AppleLink--Personal Edition: Dave Lyons   |   Cupertino, CA 95015-0875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.