[comp.sys.apple] unsubscribe

LMLARS01@ULKYVX.BITNET (02/12/88)

Please take me off this list

LMLARS01@ULKYVX.BITNET (03/17/88)

What is the proper way to unsubscribe from this list? I have tried all the
standard methods and I either get ignored or told that I am not on the
mailing list right now. (That comes as a surprize to me after finding
all these messages in my mail box.)

beckm@UV4.EGLIN.AF.MIL (08/16/89)

unsubscribe Mike Beck

>unsubscribe Mike Beck

(*** and *** the command ONLY works if it's sent to the server, not to the
list).

You *should* be receiving the Internet feed.  To signoff, you have to ask
a REAL person!! :-)

The general rule is a warm body exists as list-name-request for every
Internet list-name.  Sooooo  info-apple-request@brl.mil (a real person
named Brint Cooper).

Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu         [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]
           (203) 486-5246 [FAX] (203) 486-2489 [PHONE] 41 49N 72 15W [ICBM]

    The opposite of artificial intelligence is genuine stupidity!
-+- I don't speak for my employer, though I frequently wish that I could

WAXMONRW@SNYBUFVA.BITNET (08/19/89)

I thought the "Unscribe" command works on both Bitnet List Servers: NDSUVM1 and
RPIECS.  Was the ommission of RPIECS an oversight?

>I thought the "Unscribe" command works on both Bitnet List Servers: NDSUVM1 and
>RPIECS.  Was the ommission of RPIECS an oversight?

"both"????????????????  I have long since lost count of the number of
LISTSERVs (more than 100, I'd guess -- there are at least 4 in NY State).

The command is UNSUBscribe (or the old SIGNOFF which also works) -->AND<--
yout can TELL/SEND or email an UNSUB for any list to any handy LISTSERV
and let the LISTSERV figure out which specific surver to forward the
request to.  Unless a new one's been put on line lately, the nearest
LISTSERV to SNYBUFVA would be LISTSERV@UBVM

Try email to NETSERV@BITNIC

GET BITNET SERVERS
GET BITNET USERHELP