[comp.sys.apple] Problem with Prodos 8 in GSOS5.0

kermie@pro-lep.cts.com (Prince Kermie) (08/22/89)

I reciently upgraded to GS/OS 5.0 and when I try to boot into Prodos 8 from
the finder, I get the message "sorry..this version of prodos doesnt work" or
some message like that..I dont remember the the exact syntax...I have the file
P8 in the */system directory and have tried versions 1.4,1.6 and version 1.8
the only option it gives me is to restart the system
Any suggestions as how to fix the problem woudl be most helpful..I have 1.75
meg memory
                                                Earl Quinones

Tremain:email your usenent address
(AYC)   we had a system crash here
        and it was lost.

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (08/22/89)

In article <8908212039.AA22473@trout.nosc.mil> kermie@pro-lep.cts.com (Prince Kermie) writes:
>I reciently upgraded to GS/OS 5.0 and when I try to boot into Prodos 8 from
>the finder, I get the message "sorry..this version of prodos doesnt work" or
>some message like that..I dont remember the the exact syntax...I have the file
>P8 in the */system directory and have tried versions 1.4,1.6 and version 1.8
>the only option it gives me is to restart the system
>Any suggestions as how to fix the problem woudl be most helpful..I have 1.75
>meg memory
>                                                Earl Quinones

ProDOS 8 1.8 is the correct version for System Software 5.0 (GS/OS 3.0).  Are
you sure you have a clean final copy of the disk?  Get a clean copy, write-
protect it, and see if you can boot it and go into P8.  (If that works, then
use the Installer to get it on your hard drive, if any.)

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875
   AppleLink--Personal Edition: Dave Lyons   |   Cupertino, CA 95015-0875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.

markl@pro-generic.cts.com (Mark Leumanne) (08/24/89)

Network Comment: to #4323 by kermie@pro-lep.cts.com

  ==========::Mark::Leumanne::============  ======::Toronto::Ontario::=====
 = UUCP: crash!pro-generic!markl          ==       "Apple ][ forever."     =
 = ARPA: crash!pro-generic!markl@nosc.mil ==       "Beatles forever."      =
 = INET: markl@pro-generic.cts.com        ==       "Networking forever."   =
 = CD 61 72 6B : CC 65 75 6D 61 6E 6E 65 : CC 6F 76 65 73 : C1 D0 D0 CC C5 =