[comp.sys.apple] AppleII File Transfer???

melissa@hpspcoi.HP.COM (Melissa Huff) (08/26/89)

Our family has had an Apple II for years which I've used to create text
files in Applewriter.  Now I'm to a point where I've upgraded to a IBM
compatable and want to transfer the files so that they will be protable
to other computers.  My question is:  Does anyone have a suggestion how
of what software can be used on the Apple side and what kind of cable
needs to be between the two computers?  I do assume that I'll be
transferring ASCII charcters over an RS232 connection, but I'm real
fuzzy on the technical details of how Apples deal with file transfers.

Hope someone has a suggestion.

Thanks,

Melissa Huff

mackay@iisat.UUCP (Daniel MacKay) (08/27/89)

In article <1580001@hpspcoi.HP.COM>, melissa@hpspcoi.HP.COM (Melissa Huff) writes:
> Our family has had an Apple II for years ..............................
> .....................  Now I'm to a point where I've upgraded to a IBM

Ha!  Melissa, you have made my day.  You should post this to rec.humour.
[snigger].

--
+---------+				IIS Public Usenet
+---------+				MACKAY@DALAC.BITNET