[comp.sys.apple] //GS Keyboard Parts

johnj@pro-sat.cts.com ("John S. Jordan") (08/24/89)

While cleaning the Apple //GS ADB keyboard after spilling a soda in it, I
broke the space bar keycap and the plastic separator between the keyboard and
the keypad.

My dealer says "Buy a new keyboard for $144."

But, since only 2 small parts are broke, I don't like their idea.

Does anyone have a source of GS keyboard repair parts?

John

tamara@ecsvax.UUCP (t) (08/25/89)

In article <8908220254.AA00390@trout.nosc.mil> johnj@pro-sat.cts.com ("John S. Jordan") writes:

>While cleaning the Apple //GS ADB keyboard after spilling a soda in it, I
>broke the space bar keycap and the plastic separator between the keyboard and
>the keypad.
>
>Does anyone have a source of GS keyboard repair parts?
While moving my Apple //e, my monitor lost it's balance and
fell on my keyboard, breaking the enter and "3" keys.
I glued them back with SoBo glue.  Not an elegant solution,
but it worked. :)

lbotez@pro-sol.cts.com (Lynda Botez) (08/25/89)

>While cleaning the Apple //GS ADB keyboard after spilling a soda in it, I
>broke the space bar keycap and the plastic separator between the keyboard and
>the keypad.

>My dealer says "Buy a new keyboard for $144."

Obviously, your dealer is one of those heretofore mentioned former shoe
salesman who have been rumored to have taken over the Apple Dealer World by
force.  :-)

Get thyself to another dealer, and fast.  I broke my "H" keycap (by dropping
something on it).  It cost $35 and about 10 minutes to fix it.  Really
nothing, actually...

Lynda

lexter@pro-abilink.UUCP (Sam Robertson) (08/28/89)

Network Comment: to #6870 by obsolete!pro-angmar!pro-sat!johnj

>While cleaning the Apple //GS ADB keyboard after spilling a soda in it, I
>broke the space bar keycap and the plastic separator between the keyboard and
>the keypad.
>
>My dealer says "Buy a new keyboard for $144."
>
>But, since only 2 small parts are broke, I don't like their idea.
>
>Does anyone have a source of GS keyboard repair parts?
>
>John
Applelink:  Lexter               || Sam Robertson   Pro-Abilink 300/1200/2400
GENIE:      SL.Robertson         || 1357 Santos           Sysop (Saw)
Proline:    Lexter@Pro-Abilink   || Abilene Texas 79605   (915)673-6856
INET: Lexter@Pro-Abilink.cts.com || UUCP: Crash!pnet01!pro-abilink!lexter
            ARPA:  Crash!pnet01!pro-abilink!lexter@nosc.mil
        " Tuesday Morning, please go away, I'm tired of you.
           What have I got to lose. "      --   CSN&Y

lexter@pro-abilink.UUCP (Sam Robertson) (08/28/89)

Network Comment: to #6870 by obsolete!pro-angmar!pro-sat!johnj

>While cleaning the Apple //GS ADB keyboard after spilling a soda in it, I
>broke the space bar keycap and the plastic separator between the keyboard and
>the keypad.
>
>My dealer says "Buy a new keyboard for $144."
>
>But, since only 2 small parts are broke, I don't like their idea.
>
>Does anyone have a source of GS keyboard repair parts?
>
>John

If you find out any information please leave a note on that, Like I said
earlier, I have broken the '9' key on my keypad of my GS keyboard.  And I
don't feel that $144 is worth it.  I have looked and the only part that is
broken is the KeyStem.

Sam