[comp.sys.apple] Apples to Autos

dale@pro-colony.cts.com (System Operator) (08/21/89)

Network Comment: to #9035 by lhaider@pro-sol.cts.com

Ok, how about comparing Apples to VCRs?  VCRs tend to be discontinued after
only about 6-10 months on the market!  I don't see anyone giving free upgrades
to the latest model VCR.

btw, does *your* current IIGS still run the software you have?  Or did it all
of a sudden stop working when the new model was introduced?  Let's be
realistic here.  Just because there is a newer model, that doesn't mean you
have to run right out and get it.

Dale

 uucp   : crash!pnet01!pro-colony!dale                     pro-colony
 arpa   : crash!pnet01!pro-colony!dale@nosc.mil          (214) 370-7056
 proline: dale@pro-colony                            3/12/2400 baud - 24 hrs

lhaider@pro-sol.cts.com (Lawrence Haider) (08/24/89)

Network Comment: to #10180 by dale@pro-colony.cts.com

>Ok, how about comparing Apples to VCRs?  VCRs tend to be discontinued after
>only about 6-10 months on the market!  I don't see anyone giving free
upgrades
>to the latest model VCR.

Does a VCR quite being able to show ANY tape in its format (VHS or Beta) no
matter how far the model is upgraded?  NO!  Again, its not the same thing; But
a better analogy than a car ;)
                                           Laer

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (08/28/89)

In article <8908240750.AA01028@trout.nosc.mil> lhaider@pro-sol.cts.com (Lawrence Haider) writes:
>Does a VCR quite being able to show ANY tape in its format (VHS or Beta) no
>matter how far the model is upgraded?  NO!

Wrong!  As older VCR owners can attest.