[comp.sys.apple] GS/OS V3 System Error $1101

shatara@memit.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (08/26/89)

I'm in the midst of sorting through my various applications looking for
possible incompatability problems with GS/OS V3.0  I just recompiled a
program under TML Pascal V1.00D which had been running for some time.

In trying to run the program I got the following error message:

    SYSTEM ERROR $1101 occured while trying to run next application....

Can somesone shed some light on what this may mean?

/chris

|        Chris Shatara       |      Internet:    shatara@memit.dec.com      |
|                            |                   shatara@memit.enet.dec.com |
|  Opinions expressed are    |      DEC Easynet: memit::shatara             |
|   mine and mine only!      |      UUCP:        ...!decwrl!memit!shatara   |

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (08/29/89)

In article <704@mountn.dec.com> shatara@memit.dec.com (Chris Shatara) writes:
>I'm in the midst of sorting through my various applications looking for
>possible incompatability problems with GS/OS V3.0  I just recompiled a
>program under TML Pascal V1.00D which had been running for some time.
>
>In trying to run the program I got the following error message:
>
>    SYSTEM ERROR $1101 occured while trying to run next application....

Error $1101 is a Loader error meaning "entry not found" (apparently
referring to entries for a particular memory ID in the Loader's
internal data structures).

I can't think of a good reason this should occur while launching a new
application, unless things are just generally bonkers in your machine
by that time.

That's actually a reasonable possibility:  TML Pascal 1.00D is *way*
out of date, and 1.50 was a large improvement.

Do you get the error if you compile to disk, reboot, and launch your
application from (say) the Finder?

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875
   AppleLink--Personal Edition: Dave Lyons   |   Cupertino, CA 95015-0875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.

shatara@memit.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (08/29/89)

}
}Do you get the error if you compile to disk, reboot, and launch your
}application from (say) the Finder?
}
} --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems

That's exactly when it happens.  All is ok when I use compile to memory.
But when I compile to disk I can't it bombs.  I double checked to make
sure that I've allocated the correct amount of pages for the tools I am
using.  Done all sorts of checking and can't find the problem.  I'll send
you (Dave Lyons) the source code of the which loads the tools but I don't
think the problem is there as I never get to the code which says that I'm