[comp.sys.apple] GetDirEntry

V112PDL5@UBVMSC.CC.BUFFALO.EDU (08/30/89)

   Does anybody know the proper parameter block values before and after a
GetDirEntry call? Trying to brute force it only gave me sporadic errors that
aren't documented in ProDOS 16 Reference Manual.

  BTW, I'm trying to emulate the simple file commands provided with Basic
System (for no rational reason) in an TMLPascal NDA. It's amazing what LineEdit
can do when you put your mind to it. Can't wait for TextEdit. In System 5.0
scrolling is acceptable even by using simplistic methods, though it does
flicker a bit.

                        - Mark Cromwell

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (08/31/89)

In article <8908292329.aa02284@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> V112PDL5@UBVMSC.CC.BUFFALO.EDU writes:
>Does anybody know the proper parameter block values before and after a
>GetDirEntry call? Trying to brute force it only gave me sporadic errors that
>aren't documented in ProDOS 16 Reference Manual.

(What errors did you get?)

The GetDirEntry parameters aren't simple--you need System Software release
notes and/or the GS/OS reference (volume 1) from APDA:  800-282-APDA.

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875
   AppleLink--Personal Edition: Dave Lyons   |   Cupertino, CA 95015-0875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.