[comp.sys.apple] Esoniq A/D port

j_p@pro-lep.cts.com (Jason Perez) (08/30/89)

   I got a program called AFOSC from Apple2-L and it says it will take an
input from the Esonig A/D port and show it on its oscilloscope emulator.  But
I'm confused as to where/what is the Esoniq A/D input port.  Pleas post any
help as I would appreciate it.

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (08/31/89)

In article <8908301858.AA21821@trout.nosc.mil> j_p@pro-lep.cts.com (Jason Perez) writes:
>I got a program called AFOSC from Apple2-L and it says it will take an
>input from the Esonig A/D port and show it on its oscilloscope emulator.  But
>I'm confused as to where/what is the Esoniq A/D input port.  Pleas post any
>help as I would appreciate it.

The Ensoniq connector is the 6(?)-pin one next to the Ensoniq chip, near the
front right of the motherboard (you gots to go inside the hood for this one).

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875
   AppleLink--Personal Edition: Dave Lyons   |   Cupertino, CA 95015-0875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.

throoph@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Henry Throop) (09/01/89)

In article <34459@apple.Apple.COM> dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) writes:
|In article <8908301858.AA21821@trout.nosc.mil> j_p@pro-lep.cts.com (Jason Perez) writes:
||I got a program called AFOSC from Apple2-L and it says it will take an
||input from the Esonig A/D port and show it on its oscilloscope emulator.  But
||I'm confused as to where/what is the Esoniq A/D input port.  Pleas post any
||help as I would appreciate it.
|
|The Ensoniq connector is the 6(?)-pin one next to the Ensoniq chip, near the
|front right of the motherboard (you gots to go inside the hood for this one).

That's actually a 7-pin connector.  For the oscilloscope program you have,
you need to use pins 1 and 2, the ones closest to the front of teh computer.
Pin 1 is analog input, +2.5V maximum, and pin 2 is ground.

Henry