[comp.sys.apple] Languages for Apple II CP/M

rat@madnix.UUCP (David Douthitt) (09/04/89)

I've seen Turbo Modula-2 sold by the people who sold ZRDOS and other
enhancements for the ZCPR system; I believe they went defunct and ZCPR support
was taken up by Alpha Systems.  I don't have Alpha's address; perhaps some
other netter does...

The best C for the Apple II that I've seen is for CP/M - BDS C.  And it
continues to upgrade and to remain available.  Not only that, but you can
get Small-C (shareware) for next to nothing complete with source to
EVERYTHING!

Both of those sure beat Aztec - and in my book, a 15 sec compile of
"hello world" is NOT fast.

	[david]

--
!======= David Douthitt :::: Madison, WI =======!== The Stainless Steel Rat ==!
!  ArpaNet: madnix!rat@cs.wisc.edu              !                             !

throoph@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Henry Throop) (09/05/89)

In article <823@madnix.UUCP> rat@madnix.UUCP (David Douthitt) writes:
[...]
>Both of those sure beat Aztec - and in my book, a 15 sec compile of
>"hello world" is NOT fast.
>	[david]

15 seconds may not be as fast as some other computers, but for learning
C, it sure beats APW, which I timed at 163 seconds for the same program.

---
Henry Throop
Internet: throoph@jacobs.cs.orst.edu