[comp.sys.apple] another nail in the coffin

Espo@cup.portal.com (STEVEN MICHAEL ESPOSITO) (09/04/89)

ear
apple will be pulling out of the military market completley. this
is/was eight percent of there sales from what i heard. what are all
us guys stationed overseas supposed to do know. mail order. oh thats
right apple does not sell to mail order dealers. well i guess i could
buy on the local economy here in guam. the iigs is only $700.00 more
than what the base exchange sold it for. well i guess we get screwed.

steve esposito guam usa.

espo@cup.portal.com

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (09/05/89)

In article <21838@cup.portal.com> Espo@cup.portal.com (STEVEN MICHAEL ESPOSITO) writes:
>apple will be pulling out of the military market completley. this
>is/was eight percent of there sales from what i heard.

I think you are confusing military procurement awards, which I seriously
doubt that Apple would drop out of bidding on (they recently won a huge
award), with PX discount sales.