[comp.sys.apple] Xenocide deprotect

V2071A@TEMPLEVM.BITNET ("George A. Piotrowski Jr.") (08/24/89)

This I just picked up off of Compuserve.  Not to used for illegal
purposes.

Coming in another message are cheats for Xenocide.

Xenocide from Micro Revalations
By  Brian A. Troha

REQUIREMENTS:
512K Apple//GS
3.5" disk copier
3.5" disk editor

  Xenocide is a good GS game with fair sound.  However the game has one MAJOR
drawback and that is its copy protection:
  The protection is as follows:  When the protection routine is called it will
do the following:  First, it scans for the smartport ID bytes and when found
calculates the smartport dispatch address.  It then stores this address in an
exstended READ BLOCK and exstended READ call routine.  Then the program uses
FWEntry (FirmWare Entry) tool call (tool call #2403) to make the reads.  The
data is read into 01/2000 and the read block routine comapares 01/2016 to 01
and 01/2017 to C0.  This would pass on a both the copy and the original.  The
exstended READ routine would read $C bytes into 01/2000 and then compare
01/200A to 08, this would only pass on the original.  If all the calls would
pass 02/62DB would come out to #$1E46 and this is checked later in the game.
Also there are check to see if you placed a RTL at the begining of the disk
read routines and the "Insert Master...." routines.
  The following edits will completly remove the copy protection and allow you
to upload the game to your hard drive WITHOUT having to have the 3.5" disk in
the drive at all times like the original requires you to.  Micro Revalations
says this is a KEY DISK copy protection, to which I say, KEY DISK means you
only need to have the original in the drive after the initial load and it's
checked once.  At that time you may remove it an store it away until the next
time you want to run the program.  This copy protection is NOT like that, so
it's just copy protection and NOT a key disk system.

Anyways:

Any block editor                      ProSEL ([F]ollow /XENOCIDE/XENO.SYS16)
BLOCK  BYTE  FROM         TO          REL BLK   REL BYTES
$7     $150  22 6F 09 00  AF 6F 09 00    1        $150
       $154  90 0C        80 0A                   $154
       $156  22 6F 09 00  AF 6F 09 00             $156
       $15A  90 06        80 04                   $15A
       $15C  22 81 1D 00  AF 81 1D 00             $15C
       $160  80 EE        EA 18                   $160
$44    $E2   00 00        46 1E          61       $78E2
       $E7   A9 00 00     A9 46 1E                $78E7
$45    $B    22 6F 09 00  AF 6F 09 00    62       $7A0B
       $F    90 0C        80 0A                   $7A0F
       $11   22 04 00 00  AF 04 00 00             $7A11
       $15   90 06        80 04                   $7A15
       $17   22 81 1D 00  AF 81 1D 00             $7A17
       $1B   80 EE        EA 18                   $7A1B
$4B    15F   F0 01 06     EA EA EA       68       $875F
$62    $172  22 04 00 00  AF 04 00 00    91       $B572
       $176  90 0C        80 0A                   $B576
       $178  22 04 00 00  AF 04 00 00             $B578
       $17C  90 06        80 04                   $B57C
       $17D  22 81 1D 00  AF 81 1D 00             $B57D
       $182  80 EE        EA 18                   $B582
$6A    $17C  D0 27        EA EA          99       $C57C
$63D   $65   8F           AF             125      $F865

  That removes all the copy protection and sets the only flag (62DB) to the
correct value of 1E46.  Once again after the these edits are made you may
upload the program to your hard drive and keep your original (and deprotected
copies) in a safe place and never have to insert them in the 3.5" drive to play
the game.

If you find this info/patch usefull I do ask that you send two dollars to
defray the cost of the game so I may do this (buy and deprotect the program and
tell YOU how to remove the copy protection) again, thank you.  Comments to:

CIS #71540,1535

Brian A. Troha
P.O. Box 196
Stoughton, WI 53589-0196

This information it not to be used for illegal copying/distrobution of Xenocide

Subscribe to COMPUTIST!

Bye for now,

George A. Piotrowski                       Bitnet:     V2071A@TEMPLEVM
Coordinator, Educational Computing Cntr    Genie:      G.PIOTROWSKI
Temple University                          CompuServe: 74046,1304
Philadelphia, PA 19122   (215) 787-6228

The opinions expressed are my own and do not have anything to do with
Temple University. (well, not much)
Acknowledge-To: <V2071A@TEMPLEVM>

rich@pro-exchange.cts.com (Rich Sims) (08/26/89)

Comment to message from: V2071A%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (George A. Piotrowski Jr.)

So much for all the discussion a few months back about how important it was
going to be to copy-protect Xenocide. :-)

You want copy-protection?  After you get the application done, delete it and
don't ever distribute it to anyone!  Then you can sleep soundly, knowing your
code is "protected".

KMILES@CC.USU.EDU ("Kurt Miles, VAX Consultant") (08/26/89)

---------Edited message below-----------------------

This I just picked up off of Compuserve.  Not to used for illegal
purposes.

[...]

[...]

----------------------end ddited message-------------------------

After all the hoorah about the protection for this game that went on a while
back, it didn't last long, did it?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Kurt Miles                   |      GreyMan ------>    and the    <----- DRAGON
KMILES@USU (Bitnet)          |      ...... remember, sometimes the DRAGON wins!
KMILES@CC.USU.EDU (Internet) |                                     ------
Doctoral Student in Instuctional Technology at Utah State University
"Dissertation?    DISSERTATION?     AAARGH!!!     My recruiter lied to me!!!!!"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>Coming in another message are cheats for Xenocide.

I think there's some irony here.  As I recall the author(s) of Xenocide
asked some advice about copy protecting before the game was released
and were told not to bother.  They however, INSISTED that copy protection
was important.  I hope they didn't pay much for the protection scheme.

It also seems to me that if it's worth posting this code at all it should
be posted to comp.binaries.apple2 (same goes for the "cheats").  This list
is a fair place to post information that such things exist, but not such
a great spot for posting code.

Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu         [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]
           (203) 486-5246 [FAX] (203) 486-2489 [PHONE] 41 49N 72 15W [ICBM]

    The opposite of artificial intelligence is genuine stupidity!
-+- I don't speak for my employer, though I frequently wish that I could

orcus@pro-lep.cts.com (Brian Greenstone) (08/28/89)

Comment to message from: V2071A%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (George A. Piotrowski Jr.)

DO NOT TRY THE XENOCIDE DEPROTECT THAT WAS UPLOADED HERE!!!!
When we first released Xenocide, we only released about 50 copies of version
2.0 because we knew that it would get to the pirates first.  The crack and the
cheat mods which this Troha jerk are spreading will permanently destroy "real"
copies of Xenocide.  Presently there are several hundred copies of v2.1 and
2.2 out there, but less than 50 of v2.0 which is what that cheat was made for.
 v2.1 and 2.2 are also not compatible with each other.  There are going to be
new versions released every few weeks in an effort to prevent any cracks or
cheats to work well.

-Brian Greenstone

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (08/28/89)

In article <8908232318.aa06113@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> V2071A@TEMPLEVM.BITNET ("George A. Piotrowski Jr.") writes:
>after the these edits are made you may upload the program to your hard drive
>and keep your original in a safe place

I consider this a valid reason for removing copy protection.

>Subscribe to COMPUTIST!

Also:  Buy Xenocide!  Its author is very reasonable about software copying,
and has been releasing a series of "24-hour" programming project games as
freeware.  He is counting on sales of Xenocide to finance production of
these other fine FREE products.  If you want to rip off a nifty game,
please rip off just the freeware, not the commercial product.  Thanks..

joseph@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Seymour Joseph) (08/29/89)

Brian,

Calling people jerks in a public forum is not acceptable behavior
please control yourself in the future.

I BUY lots of Apple II software and have owned an Apple II since 1979.
Copy protection does nothing more than inconvenience legitimate users.
I avoid software I cannot back up.  If it is copy protected, I don't
buy it.  Sometimes I buy copy protected software if I have
deprotection instructions in my hand before I buy it and if the crack
does not work I return it.  I find your attitude and policies toward
copy protection much more offensive than Mr. Troha's.

Seymour Joseph

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Jawaid Bazyar) (08/29/89)

In article <8908281946.AA23515@trout.nosc.mil> orcus@pro-lep.cts.com (Brian Greenstone) writes:
>Comment to message from: V2071A%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (George A. Piotrowski Jr.)
>
>DO NOT TRY THE XENOCIDE DEPROTECT THAT WAS UPLOADED HERE!!!!
[stuff about different versions]
> v2.1 and 2.2 are also not compatible with each other.  There are going to be
>new versions released every few weeks in an effort to prevent any cracks or
>cheats to work well.
>
>-Brian Greenstone

 Jolly, so not only will there be ten zillion billion 'versions' of Genocide
floating about. Great.  You forget that all it takes is one crack, and unless
you change the actual game significantly, who's gonna bother cracking version
2.2,2.3,2.104394389348954, or whatever? They go to friend Joe and copy the
already deprotected version.  Besides, for every one of YOU that change the
protection every couple of weeks, there are HUNDREDS out there smashing
to dust all your effort and expense. WHY BOTHER! We told you this would
happen, but you didn't listen.

 Maybe one of these days publishers will realize that the best way to cut way
down on pirating is to do the following things:
1) stop wasting money on ridiculous protection schemes
2) make a really nice package (manual, game pieces, or whatever to make the
   package attractive and worth having)
3) Make the things affordable! $59.99 is NOT my idea of what entertainment
   should cost.  And let's not get into, "well then you should buy cheap
   entertainment". The point is that it wouldn't have to cost so much
   if you didn't spend so much time and money keeping people from copying
   it, you should be using those resources to make a product that people
   (even teenager-pirates) will WANT to spend money on.

  This is all from an ex-pirate, and I think pretty much sums up the views
of most pirates out there.  There are those of course that do it just to do it,
or to build an immense library (I know a person who has 2000 disks of Apple ][
programs, and Xenocide is almost certainly already a part of that).

  Sorry if you feel otherwise, but _THAT_ is the way it is. Why don't you
poll some pirate BBS's and find out for yourself?

jawaid bazyar    jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu  Junior/Computer Engineering UIUC

Seepage from deep,black,brittle experiments which failed and transformations too
hard to find. "I was overcome and turned to Red." Duster's dust became the sale.
Lucifer the light. A restless motion came to move and then subside. In endless
knocking at the door- it's time. TYRANNY & MVTATION. TYRANNY & MVTATION.

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (08/29/89)

In article <1876@garcon.cso.uiuc.edu> jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Jawaid Bazyar) writes:
>In article <8908281946.AA23515@trout.nosc.mil> orcus@pro-lep.cts.com (Brian Greenstone) writes:
[chop]
>>DO NOT TRY THE XENOCIDE DEPROTECT THAT WAS UPLOADED HERE!!!!
>[stuff about different versions]
>> v2.1 and 2.2 are also not compatible with each other.  There are going to be
>>new versions released every few weeks in an effort to prevent any cracks or
>>cheats to work well.
>>
>>-Brian Greenstone
>
> Jolly, so not only will there be ten zillion billion 'versions' of Genocide
>floating about. Great.

Do you plan to allow users to upgrade to the latest version?  I suppose you
will charge them money... makes a lot more than freeware, I see.

>			 You forget that all it takes is one crack, and unless
>you change the actual game significantly, who's gonna bother cracking version
>2.2,2.3,2.104394389348954, or whatever?

Actually, I will, just to prove that copy protection is a stupid idea.  The guy
who distributed the cracks and cheats just doubled the value of your software;
why are you calling him a jerk?  One might say the same about somebody who
insists on annoying people by fighting a battle he can never win.  Or about
somebody who has had several people on a nation-wide network advise strongly
against a particular course of action, but insists on doing it anyway.

It has been my experience that initial versions of software appear on BBSs very
quickly, while improved versions take a little longer (many pirates aren't very
discriminating; they'll see another copy of Xenocide and say, "I already have
that; why bother getting another?").  Creating newer, mutilated versions is
silly.

>                                     WHY BOTHER! We told you this would
>happen, but you didn't listen.

You want a nice form of copy protection?  Create one of those books with ten
zillion different numbers in it, and ask the user to enter one.  It's difficult
to send such a book over BBSs (although you could be in trouble if you use a
mathematical formula; somebody had the latest Wizardry book down to a table of
20-30 numbers).  This allows legitimate users to put the program on a hard
drive, and gives pirates the fun of blasting your number-check routine out of
existence (as they surely will).

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
...!ucbvax!cory!fadden

On Sun, 27 Aug 89 15:52:16 CDT you said:
>Comment to message from: V2071A%TEMPLEVM.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (George A.
> Piotrowski Jr.)
>
>DO NOT TRY THE XENOCIDE DEPROTECT THAT WAS UPLOADED HERE!!!!

I agree with Jawaid Bazyar; who cares about version numbers if the software
is functionally identical?

Why not supply the 'cheats' yourself as an option in the program (after
all if paying customers want to 'run through' a 'defanged' version, why not
let 'em?  It's their nickle)?

Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu         [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]
           (203) 486-5246 [FAX] (203) 486-2489 [PHONE] 41 49N 72 15W [ICBM]

    The opposite of artificial intelligence is genuine stupidity!
-+- I don't speak for my employer, though I frequently wish that I could

bh1e+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Brendan Gallagher Hoar) (08/31/89)

You guys are a little bit crazy...  :) <grin>

hopefully your 'rotating' copy protection won't cause any incompatabilities
for people...

I hope you know what you are doing!

You DO know that the pirates will most likely find every different version of
Xenocide, find all the changes that need to be made to deprotect each version,
create a PROGRAM that analyzes a backup of the Xenocide disk and decides which
patches to make if any...

Try as you might, the pirates will beat your CP code in the end...

I'd say g'luck, but I DO really hate copy protection...

I haven't taken a looksee at Xenocide, but I have heard that its a wonderful
game.  I HAVE taken a look at some of your 24 hour games.  Those are REAL
nice not even considering the time you put into them.  You guys sure like
playing with sound digitizers, don't you!  :)

cc@xroads.UUCP (Dan McGuirk) (09/01/89)

In <87zHyQO00WB9Q63nsh@andrew.cmu.edu> bh1e+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Brendan
Gallagher Hoar) writes:

>You DO know that the pirates will most likely find every different
>version of Xenocide, find all the changes that need to be made to
>deprotect each version, create a PROGRAM that analyzes a backup of
>the Xenocide disk and decides which patches to make if any...

I doubt they will go to that much trouble.  What will most likely happen (and
probably already HAS) is that the pirates will get the first version that
comes out, crack it, and distribute it.  Most pirates will be getting copies
of copies: not copies of originals.  So I think that the "rotating copy
protection" is really hurting people that buy the game and want to copy it to
a hard disk.  It will probably also keep people from giving copies of their
originals to friends, but I don't know how much that will help.

>Try as you might, the pirates will beat your CP code in the end...

This is probably true of ANY copy protection, no matter how complicated..

--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 /\   (602) 941-2005 300|1200 Baud 24 hrs/day

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (09/01/89)

In article <8YzHyQO00WB9Q63nsh@andrew.cmu.edu> bh1e+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Brendan Gallagher Hoar) writes:
>I haven't taken a looksee at Xenocide, but I have heard that its a wonderful
>game.

Ok, time for a Xenocide review.  But first:  If you want to see an impressive
Apple IIGS demo, check out the "Nucleus" demo now available from AppleLink/PE
(and perhaps other information services).  Try the keypad keys to see what
functions they perform (as labeled on the screen).  I don't know what the game
itself will consist of, but they've done a nice job with the graphics!  (Also
has musical numbers, cycle via the appropriate key.)

Back to Xenocide.  I've only had the game about a week and have only gotten
to Cave Level II once so far, so I'm a relative novice and haven't seen all
the game screens yet.  I have only three real complaints:  the volume setting
doesn't affect the "WARNING! WARNING!" voice, just the musical background
and sound effects (fixable via GS control panel); the game cannot be installed
completely on hard disk, but peeks at the Apple Disk 3.5 (required, not
UniDisk) periosically; and there's no apparent way to avoid threading your way
through all the levels in sequence.  Having mastered a level once, I'd like to
be able to explore the later levels without having to spend and hour or more
getting there.  If there is some trick for doing this, I'd appreciate hearing
about it.

A minor complaint is that the accompanying instruction book contains some
grammatical errors, e.g. "this point pondered the scientists".  While
annoying, it didn't affect game play.  But it could give some customers a poor
impression of the company (Micro Revelations Inc.).  I hope they use literate
reviewers for future documentation.

I found one Easter egg so far.  On the set-up screen (mouse operated), which
lets you calibrate the joystick (almost essential to have one -- the keyboard
alternative is too difficult), view the high scores (which, due to the copy
protection, apparently are recorded on the MASTER disk even if you start
Xenocide from hard disk), select stereo sound (slotless, I suppose -- it
didn't ask), and start the game:  Type b r i a n for a message from the
programmer.  I'd also appreciate hearing about other Easter eggs, debugging
hooks, whatever.

Anyway, the theme of the game is that alien beings have overrun laboratories
on three moons and you're called in to eradicate them etc.  You're sent to the
moons in sequence; I would guess that the later moons are harder levels than
the moon I've visited so far.  Each moon has a sequence of levels, starting
with flying hovercraft over the surface more or less along a road to reach the
door to the underground lab, collecting ammunition canisters along the way.
Of course there are monsters (bee-like and frog-like) in your way.  You have
guns, rockets, and at least one nuclear SSM; the latter two can blast big
rocks out of the way and the last also wipes out cannisters.  The view is from
the hovercraft control seat, full 3-D projection.  There is an appealing
sensation as you run slowly over monsters and hear them go squish, or blast
things, or clunk onto a cannister.  Hitting monsters and big rocks too fast
cause damage to the craft, and leaves monster splats on the windshield or
cracks from rock impacts.  That makes it harder to see the road and other
objects.  One has three hovercraft; I've never made it to the docking
platform with the fuel load in my first craft, although I suppose it's
possible for a real arcade wizard.

In the second phase, you're in an underground tunnel system, and the task is
to collect five bombs and proceed to the third phase (which is underwater).
There are lots of monsters to shoot or throw grenades at (your maximum supply
is determined by the number of cannisters retrieved in the first phase).
There are also other hazards: ray guns attached to the walls, falling rocks,
and lava patches.  By the way, if anyone knows how to eliminate the piles of
red things that nibble at one's feet I'd like to know how; blasting them is a
waste of time and ammo.  Your jetpack fuel/suit air supply and ammo can be
replenished at docking stations along the way; when you die, you're restarted
in the next life at the last docking station you've visited.  The graphics
here are quite different from the surface scenario, reminding me of Thexder.
The animation is quite good and some of the sequences, such as shooting into a
pile of ammo, are spectacular.  It took me a while to get going on this level,
but I finally got the knack.  (Hint for first-timers: blasting obstacles may
destroy them, depending on what they are.)  I think the number of "lives" on
this level is whatever you had left at the end of the previous level.  Oh, I
almost forgot:  There are blue spheres that you can accumulate and, when the
special feature indicator has advanced to the feature you want (one click per
sphere, which appear randomly), the space-bar selects the feature.  There is
automatic-fire, sonic-wave fire (hmm, wonder if it would kill the red things),
mega-shield, shield replenishment (essential, and almost the only feature I
ended up using), and one other that I've forgotten.  If you collect one sphere
too many, the indicator cycles back to the first feature, which is a good game
gimmick.

In the third level (Cave II), you're a frogman collecting keys to get through
the doors to eventually reach the next level of the lab (eventually you'll use
the bombs you collected).  As you use a key to open a door the key vanishes.
There are monsters and obstacles, similar to the previous level.  I am finding
this one difficult, because if you stop moving you sink, generally onto
injurious obstacles.  Fortunately the game can be paused with the ESC key.

In summary, this is a LARGE arcade game, IIGS only, and it really exploits the
graphics and sound capabilities of the machine.  It has a nice "feel" to it,
if you like monster-stomping shoot-em-ups (I do), and sufficient complexity to
keep one thinking.  It should be good for many weeks of entertainment, maybe
more (I don't know yet).  If you're a IIGS owner and think from the
description that you'd probably like the game, I don't think you'll be
disappointed.

I don't know whether or not Xenocide is available from distributors; I ordered
mine from the publisher via the 800-number displayed in Quadrophone (a
freeware game available on Genie and elsewhere).  Sorry I don't have the
number at hand right now..

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (09/01/89)

In article <10900@smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn@brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>                                                  the game cannot be installed
>completely on hard disk, but peeks at the Apple Disk 3.5 (required, not
>UniDisk) periosically;

Well, I guess buying the game would be pointless.  I guess the author wouldn't
be interested in selling a deprotected version to people with a UDC + Laser
800K drive...?

For those wondering why I keep screaming about copy protection so much, the
first few programs I got for my //gs - two from Mediagenic (Activision)
and one from some other source - failed to work.  The response was usually
that they would provide an unprotected version for $20.00 extra.  I was rather
disenchanted with several software vendors after that...

Two of the (in my opinion) best games available for the //gs, Alien Mind and
Dungeon Master, do not work on my drive.  Fortunately most utilities aren't
protected.

--

emerrill@tippy.uucp (09/03/89)

>I haven't taken a looksee at Xenocide, but I have heard that its a wonderful
>game.  I HAVE taken a look at some of your 24 hour games.  Those are REAL
>nice not even considering the time you put into them.  You guys sure like
>playing with sound digitizers, don't you!  :)

Are you talking about Grackle?  Are there others?  It does look pretty
good for a 24 hour program...

emerrill@tippy.uucp (09/03/89)

>Ok, time for a Xenocide review.  But first:  If you want to see an impressive
>Apple IIGS demo, check out the "Nucleus" demo now available from AppleLink/PE
>(and perhaps other information services).

Could you post Nucleus to the apple2-l/comp.binaries.apple2 group when
you have time?  Thanks!!

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (09/04/89)

In article <127500023@tippy> emerrill@tippy.uucp writes:
>Are you talking about Grackle?  Are there others?  It does look pretty
>good for a 24 hour program...

Grackel was apparently the first of Brian's 24-hour freeware efforts.
It's amusing but doesn't have long-term play value.

Copy.Killers (aka Pirate) is much like PAC-MAN with a scolling
play field.

Quadrophone is a 1- or 2-player paddleball game in 3-D perspective.

Those are all I know of so far.

In article <127500024@tippy> emerrill@tippy.uucp writes:
>Could you post Nucleus to the apple2-l/comp.binaries.apple2 group when
>you have time?  Thanks!!

I don't feel I have the right to post somebody else's software.  Sorry.

prl3546@tahoma.UUCP (Philip R. Lindberg) (09/06/89)

From article <127500024@tippy>, by emerrill@tippy.uucp:

>>Ok, time for a Xenocide review.  But first:  If you want to see an impressive
>>Apple IIGS demo, check out the "Nucleus" demo now available from AppleLink/PE
>>(and perhaps other information services).
>
> Could you post Nucleus to the apple2-l/comp.binaries.apple2 group when
> you have time?  Thanks!!

Here, here!!
 This sounds like one I'd love to see up at comp.binaries.apple2!!

B-)  Phil