[comp.sys.apple] AppleNet

schlichting@NUSC.ARPA.UUCP (02/04/87)

I have not received any apple net posting since Friday Jan 31st. Has my
name accidentally been removed or is there some problem with the mailer?
I can't believe that the entire net has been silent all this time.
Thanks for looking into this. Christine Schlichting  (Schlichting@NUSC.arpa)
------

a228arig@cdfa.utoronto.UUCP (02/16/87)

> I have not received any apple net posting since Friday Jan 31st. Has my
> name accidentally been removed or is there some problem with the mailer?
> I can't believe that the entire net has been silent all this time.
> Thanks for looking into this. Christine Schlichting  (Schlichting@NUSC.arpa)

That has happened to me as well, a few times.  At times I would get a
regular dose of info-apple news (daily, or so), but there have been stretches
of time (2-3 weeks) where I would get nothing at all.  In fact, this happened
around Christmas time, and I think that I missed the posting of
Apple Kermit because of this.

I don't understand what makes this system unreliable, but I think that some
node is dropping a lot of mail on the way to us!

Any other experiences or comments?

--Tak Ariga

UUCP:     {utzoo, decvax, ihnp4, cbosgd, utcsri, mnetor}!utcs!utcdfa!a228arig
ARPAnet:  a228arig%cdfa.toronto.edu@relay.cs.net
CSnet:    a228arig%cdfa.toronto.edu
==  University of Toronto -- Toronto, Canada  ==

seven@BORAX.LCS.MIT.EDU.UUCP (02/24/87)

There was a posting of Apple Kermit???  If there was could
someone send me a copy?  I would like a copy of it.  One of
the main frames I am talking to does not use xmodem.
   ---Ben

c60a-3ai@tart8.UUCP (02/24/87)

I have a apple IIe with a Hayes modem (1200), I have been having trouble
picking a terminal type that works.  I wish to use Jove, Emacs, and vi
properly, but I can't because I don't have the right terminal type.

I have all of the other junk with it too, expanded mem, etc...  Also I have
a apple IIc with the came problem.  Any suggestions?

Please mail all responses to:

c60a-3ai@lemon.BERKELEY.EDU

Thanks.

POLKOSNI@QCVAX.BITNET (05/16/89)

I can't find a valid bitnet route to:pro-harvest!rs.miller@pnet01.cts.com
(this is the address of Randy Miller, the guy who did Applenet). So as a last
resort I am posting a few questions directed towards him on the discussion:

Is Applenet freeware, shareware or what? The package from Apple-2L did not
include any docs...Are there upcoming docs?

I tried setting the thing up with one message board and one file area, but when
I actually went to the BBS, the thing hung on me...pressing keys didn't help,
though from looking at anet.logon, a key should get you into the bbs.

I could tell you some more details about my setup if I could get a mailpath to
you that I could use...

Thanks...

Sorry for the interuption...

 -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=-
Walter "Fritz" Polkosnik aka POLKOSNI@QCVAX.BITNET aka polkosni@qcunix.bitnet
VP, QC Physics Club      aka QCFIZCLB@QCVAX.BITNET aka qcfizclb@qcunix.bitnet
Queens College, CUNY

"Let's just plug it into the wall and see what happens..."
 -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=-

aragorn@blake.acs.washington.edu (Michael Owen) (05/16/89)

In article <8905160133.aa12765@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> POLKOSNI@QCVAX.BITNET writes:
>[...]
>Is Applenet freeware, shareware or what? The package from Apple-2L did not
>include any docs...Are there upcoming docs?

If it hasn't been done already, could someone post Applenet to
comp.binaries.apple2, or mail me a copy?  I'd really like to see what Applenet
has to offer.

> -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=-
>Walter "Fritz" Polkosnik aka POLKOSNI@QCVAX.BITNET aka polkosni@qcunix.bitnet
>VP, QC Physics Club      aka QCFIZCLB@QCVAX.BITNET aka qcfizclb@qcunix.bitnet
>Queens College, CUNY
>
>"Let's just plug it into the wall and see what happens..."
> -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=- -=|=-

       />    The Broken Blade           Aragorn III (Michael Owen)
      /< ________ ______________        aragorn@blake.acs.washington.edu
C=====[*>_______/|______________>       Starfleet HQ: (206) 783-5589
      \<                                3/12/24 8N1 24 hrs - A ModemWorks BBS
_______\>_____"Ai na vedui!"__________________________________________________

jeffj@pro-avalon.cts.com (Jeff Jungblut) (09/07/89)

Network Comment: to #11642 by motcid!ivory!king@uunet.uu.net

Having written my own BBS with ModemWorks and a 2400G, I can tell you what's
wrong.  For the 2400G, use the init string:

ATS0=0Q0E0V0S2=255S11=33

For the aux init string, use:

AT&C1&D2X4

You can change these strings using the Driver.Maker program supplied with
ModemWorks, or by using a block editor on the modem driver file you're using.

You need the specially wired cable for carrier detect to work properly.  The
reason it's not answering the phone is because ModemWorks is looking for
numeric result codes.

In the init strings above, S2=255 and &T5 get around a bug in my ProModem's
firmware that sometimes causes it to go into a loopback test and lock up when
a caller hangs up by sending "+++".  The S11=33 speeds up tone dialing.
The other commands are the standard ones included in the HAYES.SS.DVR file.

Hope this helps some.