[comp.sys.apple] MNP Software Support

kirk@pro-realm.cts.com (Kirk Kamberg) (09/09/89)

I saw this in comp.sys.amiga. Anyone want to try it for the Apple? I know that
it would be really useful for all of the Proline sites ;-)

From: wendell@medsys.UUCP (bbs amiga user)
Subject: Serial.Device idea?

Net Folks, here's my idea: The PeeCee folks have a new terminal program called
MTE. What's special about it is that it gives *normal* 2400 baud modem owners
Class 5 MNP error-correction! A friend with a Supra 2400 running the registered
version of MTE gets about 4800 BPS throughput!
What I was wondering is anybody considering making something similar for
the Amiga? If so, let me make a suggestion: Put your code all in the
Serial.Device where that *EVERY* terminal program can take advantage of
it! Wouldn't it be great to boot up Jrcomm on a non-MNP modem, with a
SerialMNP.Device, and double your throughput!

ProLine: kirk@pro-realm                     |            Pro-Realm
BITNET:  kirk%pro-realm.cts.com@nosc.mil    |  3/12/2400 baud (914) 691-3863
UUCP: crash!pnet01!pro-realm!kirk           | "The opinions expressed are my
ARPA: crash!pnet01!pro-realm!kirk@nosc.mil  |  my own."