[comp.sys.apple] Nucleus - what is it?

dseah@wpi.wpi.edu (David I Seah) (09/11/89)

In article <8909100622.aa04874@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> SPLECRONE@UALR.BITNET (Psychedelia) writes:

>    Would someone mind telling me what Nucleus is, and how I might go about
>    getting it?  Is it available on pay services, or can I get it from the
>    network!!  I'm desperate to know what this is now that I have heard
>    so many vague ravings about its greatness.

Nucleus is this real spiffy demo for the Apple IIGS from a few of the same
people who brought you SpeedySmith: World's Fastest (GS) 3.5" Disk Copy!
There are some things about this demo that are particularly noteworthy:

o	Boots in around 5 seconds.  The drive head movement sounds like
	a bunch of prune enthusiasts spitting into a tin pail.
	(thunkthunkthunkthunkthunk...)

o	High quality, 7 voice neo-progressive-pseudo-bop rock soundtrack.
	4 separate sound tracks, WITH some voice cuts.

o 	Very smooth, FAST animation with the soundtrack going on at the same
	time. 	Almost flicker free! (actually, I can't see the flicker, but
 	AFA Parik can :)

It impresses much in the same way that the Sword of Sodan and FillMaze demos
do.  The GS isn't supposed to be able to do this kind of thing very well. 8)

Dave Seah | O M N I D Y N E  S Y S T E M S - M |   Internet: dseah@wpi.wpi.edu

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (09/11/89)

In article <3937@wpi.wpi.edu> dseah@wpi.wpi.edu (David I Seah) writes:

>It impresses much in the same way that the Sword of Sodan and FillMaze demos
>do.  The GS isn't supposed to be able to do this kind of thing very well. 8)

I am reminded of a poster with several birds serenely flying through the
air. Underneath them, the caption reads: "They can because they think they
can."

Remember this whenever you wonder what you can get your Apple II to do!

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions