[comp.sys.apple] was vt100 emulators

ch1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Chris Helferty) (09/11/89)

In article <8909062229.aa16104@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> ART100@PSUVM.PSU.EDU (Andy Tefft) writes:

>Do some sort of simulation of vt100 graphics characters (mousetext
>might handle most of them). Kermit does a real good job of this.

It does?  I have version 3.85 of Kermit and I'd mame to see some vt100
graphics (mainly the graphics characters that draw boxes on the screen)
Am I missing something I should know about?

Jon Pearsall
NASA Industrial Applications Center

jsnow@esunix.UUCP (John Snow) (09/14/89)

From article <19499@unix.cis.pitt.edu>, by ch1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Chris  Helferty):
>>Do some sort of simulation of vt100 graphics characters (mousetext
>>might handle most of them). Kermit does a real good job of this.
>
> It does?  I have version 3.85 of Kermit and I'd mame to see some vt100
> graphics (mainly the graphics characters that draw boxes on the screen)
> Am I missing something I should know about?
>
> Jon Pearsall
> NASA Industrial Applications Center

If you want VT100 graphics and you have a GS, try my SnowTerm program.  It
runs only on the GS and uses the super high res graphics to accurately
the VT100 including character attributes like blinking, reverse video, bold,
double high, double wide, and, yes, the line drawing character set.

SnowTerm uses custom graphics routines to allow it to run fast despite using
the SHR graphics.

John F. Snow                         UUCP: {ihnp4,decvax}!decwrl!esunix!jsnow
Evans & Sutherland Computer Corp.      or:         uunet!utah-cs!esunix!jsnow
Salt Lake City, Utah                 AppleLink PE: JohnSnow    GEnie: J.SNOW2