[comp.sys.apple] Imagewriter

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (01/14/88)

In article <8801112020.aa12132@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET writes:

>  My Imagewriter II has been having a problem with line feeds lately.
>It occasionally does not feed completely, so some lines come out on top
>of others and sometimes new pages come out before the top of the next
>page.
>
>ARPA:   stein%uconnvm.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu       Alan H. Stein
>BITNET: STEIN@UCONNVM                          University of Connecticut
>UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN        at Waterbury

A while ago, Robin was getting mighty pissed because when she printed more
than one page on the IW2, it started eating paper. One day I walk in, she's
got the back plate off the thing, and it's working just fine, haven't had a
problem since.  I don't know if this will help, but if you've had anything
like this problem, just ry removing the cover to the sprockets.  It's the
thin white piece.  I'm not even sure where ours is, anymore.

Sean Kamath

--
UUCP:  {decvax allegra ucbcad ucbvax hplabs ihnp4}!tektronix!reed!kamath
CSNET: reed!kamath@Tektronix.CSNET  ||  BITNET:  reed!kamath@Berkeley.BITNET

aad@stpstn.UUCP (Anthony A. Datri) (08/06/88)

I've received two full sets of switch settings for the imagewriter,
and I'd like to thank the senders (you know who you are).  The
trick, as I suspected, was to switch the printer to use
xon/xoff.  I've now got two of them running at 9600 baud off
of sun 2/120's.
--
@disclaimer(Any concepts or opinions above are entirely mine, not those of my
	    employer, my GIGI, or my 11/34)