[comp.sys.apple] Z-Link problem

ch1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Chris Helferty) (09/14/89)

Well, I just downloaded that new posting of Z-Link and did the Shrinkit
extractions with no problems.  *But* when I start up Z.LINK.SYSTEM, the
program seems to load ok but then the screen goes blank and that's the
end of it!  Anyone else??

Jon M. Pearsall
NASA Industrial Applications Center
University of Pittsburgh

evan@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan R Aussenberg) (09/14/89)

In article <19535@unix.cis.pitt.edu> ch1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Jon M. Pearsall) writes:
>Well, I just downloaded that new posting of Z-Link. . .  extractions with
>no problems. *But* when I start up Z.LINK.SYSTEM, the program seems to load
> ok but then the screen goes blank and that's the end of it!  Anyone else??
>Jon M. Pearsall
>NASA Industrial Applications Center
>University of Pittsburgh

The new Zlink worked A-OK on my GS w/system soft. 5.0.  In fact, Zlink doesn't
seem to exhibit the previous bugginess in connecting with my external modem
when running other telecomms and then coming back to Zlink.

	- Evan / evan@unix.cis.pitt.edu

Ok, in a previous article I said:
>Well, I just downloaded that new posting of Z-Link. . .  extractions with
>no problems. *But* when I start up Z.LINK.SYSTEM, the program seems to load
> ok but then the screen goes blank and that's the end of it!  Anyone else??
And I meant that *I get no title screen or anything*.  The disk drive
whirs as if loading the program and then the screen immediately goes blank
and everything freezes up.  Well, I can get some beeps when I hit
certain keys.  I suspect that I'm in monitor mode but that output isn't
going to the screen.

Jon M. Pearsall
NASA Industrial Applications Center
University of Pittsburgh

ch1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Chris Helferty) (09/14/89)

Oh... and this is for an enhanced IIe.

Ok.. I'm done.

fadden@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Andy McFadden) (09/15/89)

In article <19535@unix.cis.pitt.edu> ch1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Jon M. Pearsall) writes:
>Well, I just downloaded that new posting of Z-Link and did the Shrinkit
>extractions with no problems.  *But* when I start up Z.LINK.SYSTEM, the
>program seems to load ok but then the screen goes blank and that's the
>end of it!  Anyone else??

Did you kill your old Z.Link.Config file first?

--
fadden@cory.berkeley.edu (Andy McFadden)
...!ucbvax!cory!fadden

KMILES@CC.USU.EDU ("Kurt Miles, VAX Consultant") (09/15/89)

 writes:
>Well, I just downloaded that new posting of Z-Link. . .  extractions with
>no problems. *But* when I start up Z.LINK.SYSTEM, the program seems to load
> ok but then the screen goes blank and that's the end of it!  Anyone else??
>Jon M. Pearsall
>NASA Industrial Applications Center
>University of Pittsburgh

I downloaded the new version, and when I tried it, it lost the first 2-4
characters of every line.  I'm only using a 2400 baud modem, too.

Kurt

KMILES@USU  (bitnet)