[comp.sys.apple] Binary picture files

jstraigl@uokmax.UUCP (Jeffrey S Traigle) (09/15/89)

I downloaded two binary picture file from comp.binaries.apple.
When I tried to view them with a ProDOS startup program that I
have, every other column of the picture is missing.  Could
someone tell me what's happening and how to fix it.

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (09/15/89)

In article <3786@uokmax.UUCP> jstraigl@uokmax.UUCP (Jeffrey S Traigle) writes:

>I downloaded two binary picture file from comp.binaries.apple.
>When I tried to view them with a ProDOS startup program that I
>have, every other column of the picture is missing.  Could
>someone tell me what's happening and how to fix it.

Is the picture hi-res or double-hi-res?  Does your picture-viewing program
expect to deal with hi-res, double-hi-res, or either?

It sounds like your program is expecting a double-hi-res picture and only
reading in a single-hi-res one--the "missing columns" effect is consistent
with that, because of the way double-hi-res pictures are stored.

A hi-res picture, by the way, will probably be about 17 blocks long on your
ProDOS disk, and a double-hi-res one will be about 33 blocks.
--

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.

greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu (Michael J Pender) (09/20/89)

In article <3786@uokmax.UUCP> jstraigl@uokmax.UUCP (Jeffrey S Traigle) writes:

>I downloaded two binary picture file from comp.binaries.apple.

How does one go about ordering pictures from comp.binaries.apple?

Or do you just take current files from the newsfeed that happened to be
pictures?

---
Michael J Pender Jr  Box 1942 c/o W.P.I.        I wrote SHELL and Daemon,
greyelf@wpi.bitnet   100 Institute Rd.          send bug reports, suggestions,
greyelf@wpi.wpi.edu  Worcester, Ma 01609        checks to me.