[comp.sys.apple] Just what is Rev C. of the Apple II SCSI Card?

brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby) (09/18/89)

I remember a lot of talk about Revision C of the SCSI card for the Apple
II being necessary to get full use of the card.  I recently purchased a
used Apple II SCSI Card on a visit to NC, hoping to use it to connect my
Plus to my Ensoniq Performance Sampler.  Since I remembered the Rev. C
talk, I looked at the board and was disappointed to find "607-0291-A" on
the component side.  Was I just ripped off?  The date code on the back
side of the board reads "M8646", if any of you know when Apple began
shipping Rev. C boards.

Can I upgrade to Rev. C myself?  Is it just a ROM revision? - or are
there hardware changes too?  Please don't tell me I'm hopelessly out of
date.

I would try to take it to the dealer, but I won't be in NC for a while.
I don't know what my local dealer would say, since I didn't purchase the
card in WA.

P.S. Does anyone know where to find 25-pin SCSI terminator resistor
packs?  Hooking the EPS directly to a computer requires at least one
terminator, but both computing devices assume that the drive will have
the resistors.

Brian Willoughby
UUCP:           ...!{tikal, sun, uunet, elwood}!microsoft!brianw
InterNet:       microsoft!brianw@uunet.UU.NET
  or:           microsoft!brianw@Sun.COM
Bitnet          brianw@microsoft.UUCP

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (09/22/89)

In article <7730@microsoft.UUCP> brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby) writes:
>[...] I looked at the board and was disappointed to find "607-0291-A" on
>the component side.
>[...]
>Can I upgrade to Rev. C myself?  Is it just a ROM revision? - or are
>there hardware changes too?  Please don't tell me I'm hopelessly out of
>date.

You have an older ROM revision--Rev C has a part number much like "341-0437-A,
Version 2.0."  Last I heard, the upgrade was free from your dealer.  It's
just a ROM revision.
--

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.