[comp.sys.apple] BeagleWrite

numccann@PLAINS.NODAK.EDU ("Lester I. McCann") (09/13/89)

I wrote to Beagle Bros a couple of weeks back and asked if they planned to
upgrade MultiScribe GS, now that they own the rights to it.

Today I got a reply.  Sure enough, they've upgraded it to version 3.2 and
renamed it BeagleWrite.  Unfortunately, they didn't tell me if/how I can
get the upgraded version as a current, registered owner of MultiScribe GS.
Anyone out there know?  Thanks.

Lester McCann
numccann@plains.nodak.edu

wombat@claris.com (Scott Lindsey) (09/14/89)

In article <8909131644.AA18561@plains.NoDak.edu> numccann@PLAINS.NODAK.EDU ("Lester I. McCann") writes:

   I wrote to Beagle Bros a couple of weeks back and asked if they planned to
   upgrade MultiScribe GS, now that they own the rights to it.

   Today I got a reply.  Sure enough, they've upgraded it to version 3.2 and
   renamed it BeagleWrite.

Did they say what "upgraded" meant in this context?

Scott Lindsey     |"Cold and misty morning. I heard a warning borne in the air
Claris Corp.      |    About an age of power when no one had an hour to spare"
ames!claris!wombat| DISCLAIMER: These are not the opinions of Claris, Apple,
wombat@claris.com |    StyleWare, the author, or anyone else living or Dead.

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) (09/14/89)

Network Comment: to #10504 by numccann@plains.nodak.edu

> Updating MultiScribe GS to BeagleWrite

The update is simple. Just send $10 plus the MultiScribe GS disk..

--Mark

jib@prism.TMC.COM (09/15/89)

RE: Beagle Bros & Former Styleware Products

I called Beagle and they are accepting upgrades for all former Styleware
products -- TopDraw -> BeagleDraw; MultiScribe -> BeagleWrite; MultiScribe
GS -> BeagleWrite GS; DeskWorks -> Beagle GS Desk Accessories (I'm not
sure of the exact name), etc.

Upgrades are $10 for each title that you currently own.  You need not be
registered, but you must send them your original disk.

You will receive back an upgraded disk.  Some titles will need new manuals
but others will not.  (If there were no feature changes, you will NOT get
a new manual).

I don't have their address or phone number with me -- Check the latest
InCider for their ad (which features the former Styleware titles).

Jim Block		jib@prism.TMC.COM
{mit-eddie, pyramid, harvard!wjh12, xait, datacube}!mirror!prism!jib

Matthew Bender Inc, 11 Penn Plaza, NY, NY 10001 (212) 216-8018

emerrill@tippy.uucp (09/18/89)

/* Written  4:44 pm  Sep 14, 1989 by jib@prism.TMC.COM in tippy:apple */
>I called Beagle and they are accepting upgrades for all former Styleware
>products -- TopDraw -> BeagleDraw; MultiScribe -> BeagleWrite; MultiScribe
>GS -> BeagleWrite GS; DeskWorks -> Beagle GS Desk Accessories (I'm not
>sure of the exact name), etc.

Could somebody please post/email the major changes in the programs?  Are
they basically just the old programs released under a new name and future
versions will contain more bug fixes/functions?

 |  Eric Merrill  tippy!emerrill@newton.physics.purdue.edu |
 |   Disclaimer:                                           |
 |     If you think I'm serious, that's your problem!      |
 |_________________________________________________________|

WAXMONRW@SNYBUFVA.BITNET (09/20/89)

I would be careful about buying Beagle's updates to programs they acquired
from other publishers (now defunct).  I bought Beagle's update of Point.to.Point
and it cost me $30.  Since I do not use the review buffer (and that appears to
be the only improvement on the program), I feel like I wasted my $30.  Purely a
personal opinion.

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) (09/23/89)

Network Comment: to #10733 by WAXMONRW%SNYBUFVA.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu

-> I would be careful about buying Beagle's updates to programs they acqui
-> from other publishers (now defunct).  I bought Beagle's update of Point
->
-> and it cost me $30.  Since I do not use the review buffer (and that app
-> be the only improvement on the program), I feel like I wasted my $30.
-> personal opinion.

First off.. the review buffer is a major feature that was added. People have
been begging for a review buffer in PTP for a long time.  Second, there were
more changes to PTP than just the review buffer. I don't have the list
offhand, but I know Gary added VT100 emulation (another feature which people
have wanted).

In addition, Gary Little is continuing to improve PTP.  Although it has not
been released yet, a new version of PTP with some very major improvements is
on its way.  No, I can't go into details as to the features -- until it has
been officially announced.

Although the features in PTP may not have been what you wanted, many people
have wanted them.. and many folks are quite happy with their new PTP software.

Beagle has been very open in discussing changes made in its products. If you
have any questions, just call or write Beagle's Customer Support and get more
information on the products.

--Mark Munz
Beagle Bros