[comp.sys.apple] Alternate boot screen with GS/OS

S825177@UWEC.BITNET (JEFFREY SORTE) (09/24/89)

As I recall, under System Software 4.0 (GS/OS 2.0) there was a method
of bypassing the thermometer on boot giving the "Welcome to the World
of GS/OS..." (same as hitting SPACE-BAR on boot).  Can someone tell me
what I need to do, to get this automatically?  I remember it having
something to do with the aux filetype of on of the system files....

Jeff Sorte - s825177@uwec.bitnet

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (09/26/89)

In article <890923.22340124.016777@UWEC.CP6> S825177@UWEC.BITNET (JEFFREY SORTE) writes:
>As I recall, under System Software 4.0 (GS/OS 2.0) there was a method
>of bypassing the thermometer on boot giving the "Welcome to the World
>of GS/OS..." (same as hitting SPACE-BAR on boot).  Can someone tell me
>what I need to do, to get this automatically?  I remember it having
>something to do with the aux filetype of on of the system files....
>
>Jeff Sorte - s825177@uwec.bitnet

Yup--set the auxiliary type of the START.GS.OS file to $5254.  (This is
for System Software 4.0; haven't tried it with 5.0.)
--

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.