[comp.sys.apple] IWM chip

On Sat, 23 Sep 89 14:56:00 EST you said:
>Does anyone have any idea where I can get an IWM (integrated Woz machine)
>replacement chip for my Apple //c.  This is the disk drive controller chip.
>I can't seem to find one anywhere, and the Apple approved solution is to
>replace the logic board for a cool $232.00.  If I can't find one, I guess

At those prices, it makes sense to buy a (brand new) laser 128!  On the
other hand, Computer Resources in Wethersfield, CT fixed a friend's //c
with a fried disk controller chip for $90.  Maybe you can find a dealer
that's not quite so greedy.

Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu         [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]
           (203) 486-5246 [FAX] (203) 486-2489 [PHONE] 41 49N 72 15W [ICBM]

    The opposite of artificial intelligence is genuine stupidity!
-+- I don't speak for my employer, though I frequently wish that I could

jetzer@studsys.mu.edu (Mike Jetzer) (09/26/89)

In article <8909241540.aa16823@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (Murph Sewall) writes:
>On Sat, 23 Sep 89 14:56:00 EST you said:
>>Does anyone have any idea where I can get an IWM (integrated Woz machine)
>>replacement chip for my Apple //c.  This is the disk drive controller chip.
>>I can't seem to find one anywhere, and the Apple approved solution is to
>>replace the logic board for a cool $232.00.  If I can't find one, I guess

>At those prices, it makes sense to buy a (brand new) laser 128!  On the
>other hand, Computer Resources in Wethersfield, CT fixed a friend's //c
>with a fried disk controller chip for $90.  Maybe you can find a dealer
>that's not quite so greedy.

I wouldn't go so far as to suggest buying a Laser (but that's another story)...

Pre-Owned Electronics (30 Clematis Ave, Waltham, MA  02154; 1-800-274-5343)
sells all sorts of Apple II-Apple ///-Macintosh-Lisa parts.  I have done
a lot of business with them, both personally and at work.  I cannot say
enough about them.

In their 6-7-89 flier, they list a //e IWM ship for $49 (qty 10+ $29).
Call before you order, since they sometimes don't have everything in stock
(although that's not too often).  They take VISA & MC.

--
Mike Jetzer
"Hack first, ask questions later."

In article <625@studsys.mu.edu> jetzer@studsys.UUCP (Mike Jetzer) writes:
>In their 6-7-89 flier, they list a //e IWM ship for $49 (qty 10+ $29).
                                      ^ slip of the finger.  I meant //c. sorry