[comp.sys.apple] AWGS File Formats

jonah@amos.ling.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (09/25/89)

Could one of those incredibly intelligent people at Claris tell me where
I could find info on the AWGS file formats? I've tried apple.com, and while
they have AppleWorks Classic File Type Notes, they don't have any AWGS ones.
Thanks in advance.

Jonah

ps. Did that sound condesending? It wasn't supposed to - MY programs don't work
that well. :(

jazzman@claris.com (Sydney R. Polk) (09/25/89)

From article <7116@sdcsvax.UCSD.Edu>, by jonah@amos.ling.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich):
> Could one of those incredibly intelligent people at Claris tell me where
> I could find info on the AWGS file formats? I've tried apple.com, and while
> they have AppleWorks Classic File Type Notes, they don't have any AWGS ones.
> Thanks in advance.
Well, I'd give them to you if I had all of them and I thought I could.  You
need to write to Steve Carlton, c/o Claris, PO Box 58168, Santa Clara,
CA, 95052-8168.  I sincerely doubt you can get all of them however.

--
Syd Polk           | Wherever you go, there you are.
jazzman@claris.com | Let the music be your light.

jonah@amos.ling.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich) (09/26/89)

In article <10572@claris.com> jazzman@claris.com (Sydney R. Polk) writes:
>From article <7116@sdcsvax.UCSD.Edu>, by jonah@amos.ling.ucsd.edu (Jonah Stich):
>> Could one of those incredibly intelligent people at Claris tell me where
>> I could find info on the AWGS file formats? I've tried apple.com, and while
>> they have AppleWorks Classic File Type Notes, they don't have any AWGS ones.
>> Thanks in advance.
>Well, I'd give them to you if I had all of them and I thought I could.  You
>need to write to Steve Carlton, c/o Claris, PO Box 58168, Santa Clara,
>CA, 95052-8168.  I sincerely doubt you can get all of them however.

Thanks for the info, but I must say that that strikes me as rather weird. One
of the things that made AppleWorks the st seller it is today is the ease with
which the user could expand it. I would think that a smart policy to further
the popularity of AWGS would be to send the file formats to anyone who would
take them. Oh well. I suppose he doesn't even have an Email address, huh?
BTW, I know that you probably didn't decide on this policy, and I thank you
for the information.

Jonah