[comp.sys.apple] Nucleus, the final chapter

robert_macausland@brains.UUCP (Robert MacAusland) (09/13/89)

Re:Nucleus, the final chapter:
 Just curious.  How much memory does it take?  I can't get my copy to do zip,
and I have a feeling this is why.  Has anyone out there with a 768K machine
gotten it to work?
  Bitnet:Robm@Tuns
--
   -===------===-    From Robert Macausland at Cerebral Cortex BBS System
  -==-==----==-==-   (902)462-7245 3/12/2400 8N1 24h/7d

DCS100@PSUVM.BITNET (David C. Schweisguth) (09/13/89)

In article <4798@brains.UUCP>, robert_macausland@brains.UUCP (Robert MacAusland)

>Re:Nucleus, the final chapter:
> Just curious.  How much memory does it take? [etc. ...]

Despite claims that it runs under 768K, it doesn't run on my 768K, ROM 01
system. I haven't any hardware wierder than a Datalink 2400, either. It's not a
downloading problem, 'cause the same disk worked just file at my user's group
meeting last night on a 1.25M box. (And it IS pretty neat!) Draw your own
conclusions ...
/                                                                             \
| David C. Schweisguth     406 Althouse Laboratory   "When one has much to    |
| AppleLink PE: Von Mordo  University Park, PA 16802  put into them, a day    |
| Bitnet: DCS100@PSUVM     814-862-0806 (home) or     has a thousand pockets."|
| GEnie: D.SCHWEISGUT      814-863-2791 (work)        -- Friedrich Nietzsche  |
\_____________________________________________________________________________/

dnelson@ibiza.cs.miami.edu (Dru Nelson) (09/15/89)

robert_macausland@brains.UUCP (Robert MacAusland) writes:

>Re:Nucleus, the final chapter:
> Just curious.  How much memory does it take?  I can't get my copy to do zip,
>and I have a feeling this is why.  Has anyone out there with a 768K machine
>gotten it to work?
>  Bitnet:Robm@Tuns

 Robert,

    A friend of mine brought it over to my house and loaded it up on my
    machine.  It loaded, got to the title screen? and then did clicking
    sounds and that's it.  I have 512k and it didn't give me a not enough
    memory message.  I have a Version 1 system (the second batch of roms
    that came out for the Gs).  It might be really dependant on disk drives
    if thery aren't using the smartport software, but I kind of doubt it.

    I still haven't seen it.  :-|  C'est la vie.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Internet:  dnelson@ibiza.cs.miami.edu  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Dru Nelson  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
% Miami, FL   % os9, C, Progressive music (burrow owls to dial-a-cliche), chAos
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% and frying my mind & spirit? on certain questions about life  %

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (System Administrator) (09/26/89)

Network Comment: to #2983 by umigw!ibiza!dnelson@handies.ucar.edu

Well, I tried booting up Nucleus and got the "SpeedyBoot" message and then
some clicking sounds from my drive and nothing.  I haven't seen it either.
Seems that it doesn't like my UniDisk for some reason.  Is it possible it only
works on an AppleDisk 3.5?

Not that it's a big deal...whoever asked for docs for Nucleous...what are you?
Crazy?  Who would want docs or even expect them for a graphic demo???

I don't know what all the fuss is as I have some Amiga demos that are
fantastic and I just can't see the GS living up to those.  Once I do finally
view it, I will let you know if it's nearly as good as some of my Amiga demos.

-- Bob

    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!bobl             |      ProLine: bobl@pro-graphics
InterNet: crash!bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com     |       CServe: 70347,2344
ARPA/DDN: crash!pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil    |    AppleLink: Graphics3D
            Raven Enterprises - 25 Raven Ave. Piscataway, NJ 08854