[comp.sys.apple] ANOTHER AE QUESTION...

bkgoodman@lynx.northeastern.EDU (09/26/89)

      ONE MORE QUESTION ABOUT ASCII EPRESS...

     HOW DO YOU OPEN, AND THEN LATER SAVE THE CONTENTS OF THE CAPTURE BUFFER.
     IT'S A SPECIAL BUFFER USE TO RECORD THE INCOMMING DATA OFF THE MODEM, SO
     YOU CAN SAVE IT, AND THEN REVEIW IT'S CONTENTS, TO PRINT OR WHATEVER AT
     A LATER TIME. IF ANYONE KNOWS, ID APPRECIATE THE ANSWER.

                                                         THANX AGAIN

                 BRAD GOODMAN

                 INTERNET OR BITNET         BKGOODMAN@LYNX.NORTHEASTERN.EDU

JDA@NIHCU.BITNET (Doug Ashbrook) (09/26/89)

>       ONE MORE QUESTION ABOUT ASCII EPRESS...
>
>      HOW DO YOU OPEN, AND THEN LATER SAVE THE CONTENTS OF THE CAPTURE BUFFER.
>      IT'S A SPECIAL BUFFER USE TO RECORD THE INCOMMING DATA OFF THE MODEM, SO
>      YOU CAN SAVE IT, AND THEN REVEIW IT'S CONTENTS, TO PRINT OR WHATEVER AT
>      A LATER TIME. IF ANYONE KNOWS, ID APPRECIATE THE ANSWER.
>
>                                                          THANX AGAIN
>
>                  BRAD GOODMAN
>
>                  INTERNET OR BITNET         BKGOODMAN@LYNX.NORTHEASTERN.EDU

I could be wrong, but I would assume that the answers to this and
your previous question could be found in the documentation that came
with ASCII Express when you purchased it.  You did purchase it,
didn't you?.  I suggest that answers to questions like this should
only point to the page of the manual that provides the information
(as someone did in response to the first question).

J. Douglas Ashbrook                                   (301) 496-5181
BITNET: JDA@NIHCU                              <-- preferred address
INTERNET: JDA@CU.NIH.GOV     or     jda%nihcu.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
National Institutes of Health, Computer Center,   Bethesda, MD 20892

-+- Remember.  If some weirdo in a blue suit offers you some MS-DOS,
JUST SAY NO!

On Mon, 25 Sep 89 19:14:11 EST you said:
>      ONE MORE QUESTION ABOUT ASCII EPRESS...
>
>     HOW DO YOU OPEN, AND THEN LATER SAVE THE CONTENTS OF THE CAPTURE BUFFER.
>     IT'S A SPECIAL BUFFER USE TO RECORD THE INCOMMING DATA OFF THE MODEM, SO
>     YOU CAN SAVE IT, AND THEN REVEIW IT'S CONTENTS, TO PRINT OR WHATEVER AT
>     A LATER TIME. IF ANYONE KNOWS, ID APPRECIATE THE ANSWER.

I don't think it appropriate to reply to questions about copyright software
from someone who obviously doesn't own a manual.

Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu         [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]
           (203) 486-5246 [FAX] (203) 486-2489 [PHONE] 41 49N 72 15W [ICBM]

    The opposite of artificial intelligence is genuine stupidity!
-+- I don't speak for my employer, though I frequently wish that I could

emerrill@tippy.uucp (09/27/89)

/* Written  7:14 pm  Sep 25, 1989 by bkgoodman@lynx.northeastern.EDU in tippy:apple */
>      ONE MORE QUESTION ABOUT ASCII EPRESS...

>     HOW DO YOU OPEN, AND THEN LATER SAVE THE CONTENTS OF THE CAPTURE BUFFER.
>     IT'S A SPECIAL BUFFER USE TO RECORD THE INCOMMING DATA OFF THE MODEM, SO
>     YOU CAN SAVE IT, AND THEN REVEIW IT'S CONTENTS, TO PRINT OR WHATEVER AT
>     A LATER TIME. IF ANYONE KNOWS, ID APPRECIATE THE ANSWER.

Try looking in the manual.  You'd be surprised at the information contained
in it!  What?  You misplaced your manual?  Hmm....

 |  Eric Merrill  tippy!emerrill@newton.physics.purdue.edu |
 |   Disclaimer:                                           |
 |     If you think I'm serious, that's your problem!      |
 |_________________________________________________________|

nuwilken@ndsuvax.UUCP (Scott Wilken) (09/27/89)

In article <memo.166592@lynx.northeastern.edu> bkgoodman@lynx.northeastern.EDU writes:

>      ONE MORE QUESTION ABOUT ASCII EPRESS...
>
>     HOW DO YOU OPEN, AND THEN LATER SAVE THE CONTENTS OF THE CAPTURE BUFFER.
>     IT'S A SPECIAL BUFFER USE TO RECORD THE INCOMMING DATA OFF THE MODEM, SO
>     YOU CAN SAVE IT, AND THEN REVEIW IT'S CONTENTS, TO PRINT OR WHATEVER AT
>     A LATER TIME. IF ANYONE KNOWS, ID APPRECIATE THE ANSWER.
>
>                                                         THANX AGAIN
>
>                 BRAD GOODMAN
>
>                 INTERNET OR BITNET         BKGOODMAN@LYNX.NORTHEASTERN.EDU

No real offense is intended here, just advice:

	With all these questions you are asking about AE (all of which have so
far been of the most basic sort), it is obvious to me that you dont have a
legitimate copy (otherwise you would read about it in the manual).  Ascii
Express is *NOT* freeware, shareware, or any other kind of public-domain
software.  Its *COMMERCIAL* and must be purchased COMMERCIALLY (not "Hey pal,
ill give you 5$ for a bootleg copy!).

Scott

! Internet:  nuwilken@Plains.NoDak.EDU         AppleLink PE:  Wilken          !
! UUCP:      uunet!ndsuvax!nuwilken            GEnie Mail:    S.WILKEN1       !
! Bitnet:    NUWILKEN@NDSUVAX                  CompuServe:    Cost too much   !

In article <2965@ndsuvax.UUCP> nuwilken@ndsuvax.UUCP (Scott Wilken) writes:
>In article <memo.166592@lynx.northeastern.edu> bkgoodman@lynx.northeastern.EDU writes:
>>
>>      ONE MORE QUESTION ABOUT ASCII EPRESS...
	his question about AE was trimmed out.

>>                                                         THANX AGAIN
>>
>>                 BRAD GOODMAN
>>
>>                 INTERNET OR BITNET         BKGOODMAN@LYNX.NORTHEASTERN.EDU
>
>No real offense is intended here, just advice:
>
>	With all these questions you are asking about AE (all of which have so
>far been of the most basic sort), it is obvious to me that you dont have a
>legitimate copy (otherwise you would read about it in the manual).  Ascii
>Express is *NOT* freeware, shareware, or any other kind of public-domain
>software.  Its *COMMERCIAL* and must be purchased COMMERCIALLY (not "Hey pal,
>ill give you 5$ for a bootleg copy!).

	God, at least this guy should WISE UP and pirate something decent
like ProTERM! As David Letterman says, "IT WAS ONLY A JOKE, PAUL, ONLY
A JOKE!!"... Also, I do realize that the guy's only got a II+..But he's
in 80 columns..hmmm... that SCREAMING gets annoying quick, eh?

--
unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu  Mail programs or other huge things here, plus
regular mail during the school year.

unknown@darkside.com   If you really want to, mail me here...It will just
get forwarded to me at the account above...But please do not send programs
here as it is just a personal computer based bulletin board and big
programs will just tie it up on its nightly call to the mainframe...
	The Dark Side   408 245 SPAM (7726)   300-2400 baud, UseNet, downloads.

tomk@pro-grouch.cts.com (Tom Kelly) (09/27/89)

Network Comment: to #4594 by SEWALL%UCONNVM.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu

I feel that the best reply to questions from folks who are suspected of having
pirate copies of software is to point them to the page in the manual.   That
way those who have the manual (those who bought the program) actually get the
help they are asking for and the others are S.O.L  .
I feel we should help legitimate users whenever we can.

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!tomk
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!tomk@nosc.mil