[comp.sys.apple] Kermit in ProDOS

gt0t+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Gregory Ross Thompson) (09/28/89)

  I installed Kermit on my system in ProDOS with absolutely no problem
whatsoever.  What's making it so hard?  All ya gotta do is exec the
text file of the main program, exec the driver file, and bsave it.
The docs tell you EXACTLY how to do it.  What's the problem?

           -Greg T.

* The previous message was brought #ARPANet : gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu     ^
* to you through a grant from CMU  #Bitnet:Floyd@Drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu^
* who has graciously taken a hell  #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
* of a lot of money from this man. # Ideas?  What're those?            ^

steyn@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Gavin Steyn) (09/28/89)

In article <kZ8Fl6m00Ug740d4po@andrew.cmu.edu> gt0t+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Gregory Ross Thompson) writes:

>  I installed Kermit on my system in ProDOS with absolutely no problem
>whatsoever.  What's making it so hard?  All ya gotta do is exec the
>text file of the main program, exec the driver file, and bsave it.
>The docs tell you EXACTLY how to do it.  What's the problem?

Here's my problem:
   You exec the first file.  Fine.  For some reason, it doesn't run all the
way through.  It certainly never gets to the bit about execing the other
file.  Thus, no driver created.
   Gavin Steyn
steyn@eniac.seas.upenn.edu