[comp.sys.apple] MPW IIGS C?

MMPR004@ECNCDC.BITNET (Scott Hutinger) (09/28/89)

Here it is...

This seems to be the problem.  If AllocGen is called in this manner,
junk()
{
 Word genNum;
 genNum=AllocGen(0,64);  /* got me, the headers look void to me */
}
where AllocGen is declared as:
extern pascal Word AllocGen () inline(0x0919,dispatcher);

Then any function that calls this, messes up this ar's stack.

OR, if the same call is within main(), of course the same thing happens.

So, what would AllocGen do in APW C that is different in MPW IIGS C? If I
don't allocate any generators, then the program never bombs anymore with MPW
IIGS C.  Of course it never did bomb with APW C, but it takes a little longer
to compile.

Anyone use MPW?

scott hutinger  , forgot my address

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (09/28/89)

In article <8909271735.aa08933@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> MMPR004@ECNCDC.BITNET (Scott Hutinger) writes:
>This seems to be the problem.  If AllocGen is called in this manner,
>junk()
>{
> Word genNum;
> genNum=AllocGen(0,64);  /* got me, the headers look void to me */
>}

I can't account offhand for the apparent difference between APW and MPW,
but AllocGen is only supposed to have one parameter!  Give that a shot.
(The single parameter is the priority you're requesting.  If it's
documented wrong someplace, point me at it.)
--

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.