[comp.sys.apple] TWGS speed/my Finder complaints

In article <890926215656.736256@DOCKMASTER.ARPA> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL writes:
>Does anyone know how I can tell what speed TransWarp GS I have?
>(nothing packaged with it said.)

	First, I think that it not saying anything at all means that you
are at 6 (or 6.5 or whatever) mHz... The clock chip on the board will also
have a 28 if it's 7 mHz.. I think it will have a 24 or a 26 (sorry, I've
forgotten which) if it's not 7 mHz.

	Just some info I saw at AppleFest:  I don't know if this was
supposed to be hidden or anything, but at the Applied Engineering booth,
one of the workers there had a paper with something like the following
written on it: "7 mHz ship date Oct 15th"... It was in handwriting and
the paper was turned towards him (so I can read upside down ok? heh).

	I told the following complaints of mine to some Apple people at
AppleFest, but since other people have mentioned some picky things they
dislike, I might as well tell you mine.. I will preface my statement by
saying that BOTH complaints are a result of MY OWN LAZINESS.

	It would seem that, since the desktop interfaces of the Mac and the
GS should be identical (they're very close now so making them identical would
be better), it seems that there should be an EJECT button in the standard
file-selection box, like there is on the Mac...  I think that the system
should also spit out my disk when it tells me to insert the system disk to
get tools or whatever...

	One of the Apple people I talked to said that those weren't included
because the GS's 3.5" drive has an eject button on the drive but that's
disabled on the Mac...  That is ABSOLUTELY TRUE, but then if that's the case,
there should be no OPENAPPLE-E from the Finder either!

--
unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu