[comp.sys.apple] BASIC.SYSTEM v1.3

evan@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan Ron Aussenberg) (09/28/89)

Not having done more with AppleSoft lately than to exec a file, I
was surprised to see the INPUT routine stripping the leading spaces
from my input string in a 3 line program I chanced to write.

Is my memory going or is this a new feature with Basic.System v1.3?
(I have an Apple IIGS)

-Evan
            /                                                    \
           /     evan@unix.cis.pitt.edu / evan@Pittvms.BITNET     \
          /________________________________________________________\

jearls@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU ( Chumley The Troll ) (09/29/89)

In article <19755@unix.cis.pitt.edu> evan@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan Ron Aussenberg) writes:

>Not having done more with AppleSoft lately than to exec a file, I
>was surprised to see the INPUT routine stripping the leading spaces
>from my input string in a 3 line program I chanced to write.
>
>Is my memory going or is this a new feature with Basic.System v1.3?
>(I have an Apple IIGS)

This has been in AppleSoft since day 1.  It will always eat beginning spaces
>>unless<< the very first character of the line being input is a quote (").
This also allows you to have commas and colons in the input line, I believe.

>-Evan
>           /     evan@unix.cis.pitt.edu / evan@Pittvms.BITNET     \

- John
      Chumley@Bazaar.Deva.COM           |