[comp.sys.apple] Frustrated hacker sees the light

toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu (Todd P. Whitesel) (09/28/89)

Sorry for wasting the bandwidth with that previous post which (lets be honest)
rags on Apple for not making APDA free over usenet.

Matt, Dave, Apple, my sincerest apologies. After reading the next-most-recent
(red) APDAlog I see that it is APDA that I am actually after.

The GS/OS ref vol 1 is supposed to document FST's (yay!) so I have been
jumping the gun and asking for something which is only an APDA membership away.

Todd P Whitesel
toddpw @ tybalt.caltech.edu
toddpw @ CITROMEO (bitnet)

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (09/29/89)

In article <12083@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> toddpw@tybalt.caltech.edu.UUCP (Todd P. Whitesel) writes:
>[...]
>The GS/OS ref vol 1 is supposed to document FST's (yay!) so I have been
>jumping the gun and asking for something which is only an APDA membership away.

Before you get -too- happy, let me guarantee you that the GS/OS Reference
does -not- tell you how to -write- FSTs.  It "documents" them only in the
sense that it give you a lot of details about what the existing ones do (for
example, what happens when several users try to open the same file on
AppleShare using class 0 calls?) and how to make the various FST-specific
calls.

The discussion of a couple weeks ago is not obsolete--for the forseeable
future, FSTs come from Apple.
--

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.