[comp.sys.apple] Need info for Modem driver

lmb7421@ultb.UUCP (L.M. Barstow) (09/29/89)

I am looking for information on the Modem driver provided with the
System Disk.

I am having trouble getting it into a no-wait mode (assuming that it has
one).  My only reference right now is _Exploring GS/OS and ProDOS 8_ by
Gary Little, and I don't have the cash for the GS/OS manuals.

I finally (after messing around with an incorrect program) managed to
get the Console into No-Wait mode, and am now trying to do the same for
the modem.

The basic code is:

Find modem driver
Store dev_num in DControl list
Rest of DControl list is set up for a Set No-wait mode call
_DControl
=> GS/OS Error $0020 (not listed in the book)

I'm assuming that's a device-specific error, since the ones near that
are.

The only step that's failing is the _DControl call.  The rest works.

Help?!
--
Les Barstow                              **All of the paths work!!!!**
LMB7421@RITVAX.BITNET  lmb7421@{ultb,vaxa,vaxb,vaxc,vaxd}.isc.rit.edu

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (09/30/89)

In article <1331@ultb.UUCP> lmb7421@ultb.UUCP (L.M. Barstow) writes:
>[...]
>I finally (after messing around with an incorrect program) managed to
>get the Console into No-Wait mode, and am now trying to do the same for
>the modem.
>[...]
>Find modem driver
>Store dev_num in DControl list
>Rest of DControl list is set up for a Set No-wait mode call
>_DControl
>=> GS/OS Error $0020 (not listed in the book)

Error $0020 is "invalid request code."  You're getting it because generated
drivers don't support no-wait mode (GS/OS Reference Volume 2, draft 2, page
120).
--

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.