[comp.sys.apple] VT240

j_p@pro-lep.cts.com (Jason Perez) (08/27/89)

   Anybody know of a program that will screen emulate a DEC VT240 or Tektronix
40xx terminal AND work with an internal modem (Epic 2400).

j_p@pro-lep.cts.com (Jason Perez) (10/03/89)

   Is there any program in the public domain, or even commercial that will
support a VT240 or any of the Tektronix terminal (4xxx) AND support an
internal modem??  Or has anybody that has PC Transporter ever got it to talk
to an internal modem (Epic 2400)??  Thanks for any help!
_____

UUCP: crash!pro-lep!$logname
ARPA: crash!pro-lep!$logname@nosc.mil
INET: $logname@pro-lep.cts.com

lmb7421@ultb.UUCP (L.M. Barstow) (10/04/89)

In article <8910030624.AA05148@trout.nosc.mil> j_p@pro-lep.cts.com (Jason Perez) writes:

>   Is there any program in the public domain, or even commercial that will
>support a VT240 or any of the Tektronix terminal (4xxx) AND support an
>internal modem??  Or has anybody that has PC Transporter ever got it to talk
>to an internal modem (Epic 2400)??  Thanks for any help!

Neither of the above...

ProComm *may* do Tektronix (I'm not sure, I don't own it...), but I know
that VT240 is beyond the capabilities of today's Apple][ (even the GS...
the screen resolution is too high, and using the standard toolbox set
would be too slow given a 2400 baud modem (or even 1200-baud) and an
extended-size window capable of handling the sheer size of the VT240
screen.)

I have finally gotten a modem (on loan) and am trying to complete a
year-old project of a VT220 emulator - if there is enough interest, I
may be persuaded to add ReGIS graphics (If I can find out their curve
algorithms, etc...), but they would be limited...

--
Les Barstow                              **All of the paths work!!!!**
LMB7421@RITVAX.BITNET  lmb7421@{ultb,vaxa,vaxb,vaxc,vaxd}.isc.rit.edu

RXBROWN@UALR.BITNET ("MR.FANTASTIC") (10/08/89)

Jason give Snowterm a try. I used it a couple of times and it did my escape
characters fine. But I don't use it because it has no d/load features. Its
shareware and you can get it from Apple II-L or AppleLink.

Robert