[comp.sys.apple] GS/OS 5.0 Problem

ptrepan3@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Pat Trepanier) (10/09/89)

I just got GS/OS 5.0 recently and was trying the new operting software with all
my old software and when I tried to run Arkanoid when I switched the disk when
it asked me to the last time it polled my 3.5 and my 5.25 and then came up with
the message "Some weird interanl error wait a few moments and reboot". I tried
Arkanoid again with 3.1 and it still worked so it wasn't the game.

I was then at a friend house and I tried it with 5.0 and two 3.5 and it worked
fine, so when I got home I copied Arkanoid to my ram disk and then launched it
and this time it ran fine.

I was wondering is this some weird 5.0 error or what is the deal that it won't
launch Arkanoid from one 3.5 disk?

	Pat
	ptrepan3@ub.d.umn.edu

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (10/09/89)

In article <2887@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU> ptrepan3@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Pat Trepanier) writes:

>I just got GS/OS 5.0 recently and was trying the new operting software with all
>my old software and when I tried to run Arkanoid when I switched the disk when
>it asked me to the last time it polled my 3.5 and my 5.25 and then came up with
>the message "Some weird interanl error wait a few moments and reboot". I tried
>Arkanoid again with 3.1 and it still worked so it wasn't the game. [...]

Was "Some weird internal error" the actual text that appeared on the screen?
If so, I assure you that the system software wasn't the source; you'd have to
ask the Arkanoid folks what it means.

If that wasn't it, try to post the exact text of the message, including any
numbers that are in it.

--

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.

ptrepan3@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Pat Trepanier) (10/10/89)

In article <35376@apple.Apple.COM>, dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) writes:
> In article <2887@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU> ptrepan3@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Pat Trepanier) writes:
> >
> >I just got GS/OS 5.0 recently and was trying the new operting software with all
> >my old software and when I tried to run Arkanoid when I switched the disk when
> >it asked me to the last time it polled my 3.5 and my 5.25 and then came up with
> >the message "Some weird interanl error wait a few moments and reboot". I tried
> >Arkanoid again with 3.1 and it still worked so it wasn't the game. [...]
>
> Was "Some weird internal error" the actual text that appeared on the screen?
> If so, I assure you that the system software wasn't the source; you'd have to
> ask the Arkanoid folks what it means.
>
> If that wasn't it, try to post the exact text of the message, including any
> numbers that are in it.

The actual error message is the following
		Some bizzare internal
		system error
		has occured.
		After a moment of
		Silence, Please reboot.

I think that after loading the tools it is looking for the Arkanoid disk but
I tried to eject the system.disk but before it would eject I got the error
message.
		Pat Trepanier
		ptrepan3@ub.D.UMN.EDU