[comp.sys.apple] TML Pascal II Bugs

V112PDL5@UBVMSC.CC.BUFFALO.EDU (10/06/89)

   Has anyone been able to successfully edit a MenuBar resource? I noticed
someone else has been having the same problem. Inserting any menu is currently
impossible. At least once, the menu bar's first menu was complete trashed after
inserting a menu. In fact, I've never been able to run a program that contains
a menu bar that I've inserted. The program would crash during the command to
create the menu bar.

   Could System 5.0.2 rectify the problem?

                                            - Mark Cromwell

weekley@oldcolo.UUCP (Bob Weekley) (10/11/89)

unknown@ucscb.ucsc.edu writes:

>In article <memo.171079@lynx.northeastern.edu>
>davidbrierley@lynx.northeastern.edu writes:

>> (comments about Grace Hopper & first computer 'bug'.)
>> If you want another book to hear a lot of other interesting stories
>>about the early days/origins/etc of computers, get "The Digital Deli"...

Another source of history is a tabloid sized 'magazine'(116 pages) that was
given out at COMDEX (Fall '88) by Computer Systems News, (516)562-5882

The title "REFLECTIONS: An Oral History of the Computer Industry" is great.
It celebrates the 10th Anniversary of Computer Systems News. They should
give it out at every SHOW. There are 24 pillers of the industry profiled
including:

Thomas J. Watson Jr.(IBM); J. Presper Eckert (ENIAC & UNIVAC); Edward Teller
(H-Bomb); Mina Rees (Math); Grace Hopper (COBOL {picture of MOTH}); Bill
Norris (CDC); Jim Birkenstock (IBM); Ken Olson (DEC); Gordon Bell(VAX); Ken
Fisher (Encore); Fred Adler (Venture Capitalist); Bob Howard (Centronics);
Jess Aweida (Storage Tech); John Imlay (MSA); Max Hopper (MIS); John
Cullinane (Cullinet); Sandy Robinson (Investment Banker); Archie McGill
(IBM/AT&T) Ray Noordia (Novell); Jack Biddle (CCIA); Bob Metcalf (3COM);
Finis Conner (Shugart, Seagate, Conner); Bill Gates (Microsoft); Ed Roberts
(Cofounder of first Microcomputer Company).

If you're at a Trade show pick up an extra copy of:
         "REFLECTIONS: An Oral History of the Computer Industry"
                at the COMPUTER SYSTEMS NEWS booth.
for a yourself and a friend, and READ it, SAVE it, and PASS it on to others.
  This is hard core HISTORY folks, that WE are making. Don't throw it away.

Disclaimer: I have no connection with COMPUTER SYSTEMS NEWS except to greatly
appreciate their "REFLECTIONS" work, which was FREE.

Robert R. Weekley @ oldcolo.UUCP
                             THE OLD COLORADO CITY ELECTRONIC COTTAGE
      | Standard |          2502 W. Colorado Ave. #203; C.S., CO 80904
      |Disclaimer|           (719) 632-3391 [8-N-1]; 632-4848 [voice]

   "Freedom is the opportunity for self dicipline" -Dwight D. Eisenhower
-