[comp.sys.apple] GS/OS Error Messages

jeffn@pro-houston.cts.com (Jeff Noxon) (10/11/89)

GS/OS brings up text "Dialog" boxes for some fatal error messages, and the
GS/OS Snooper CDA uses them also for the system call traps.  I would very
much like to be able to use the same dialog routines myself.  Are they
accessable to applications?

Jeff

|uucp: [ucsd, nosc] ..!crash!pro-houston!jeffn  | "If I wanted your opinion, |
|inet: jeffn@pro-houston.cts.com                |    I would have given it   |
|arpa: crash!pro-houston!jeffn@nosc.mil         |           to you!"         |

dlyons@Apple.COM (David Lyons) (10/14/89)

In article <8910110901.AA13881@trout.nosc.mil> jeffn@pro-houston.cts.com (Jeff Noxon) writes:
>GS/OS brings up text "Dialog" boxes for some fatal error messages, and the
>GS/OS Snooper CDA uses them also for the system call traps.  I would very
>much like to be able to use the same dialog routines myself.  Are they
>accessable to applications?
>
>Jeff

Nope, that routine is private to the system at the moment, but you *can* call
SaveTextState and RestoreTextState & do your own dialogs without a whole lot
of trouble.  You can use TLTextMountVolume, too.  (All 3 of these routines
are in the Tool Locator documentation.)
--

 --Dave Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.          |   DAL Systems
   AppleLink--Apple Edition: DAVE.LYONS      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.