[comp.sys.apple] Not neccessarily

sschneider@pro-exchange.cts.com (The RainForest BBS) (10/16/89)

> Ppath: pro-exchange!sschneider
> From: Yong Su Kim <yk4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu>
> To: sschneider@pro-exchange.cts.com
> Subject: Re: Apple's committment to the // line
> Newsgroups: comp.sys.apple

> Yes, but the thing is, are people willing to pay for the technology
> that they will not need. If you think about it, the average Apple II
> user uses the computer to do some word processing, maybe DTP and to
> play games. They do not really want to pay so much money for a
> Macintosh when they can do what they want with an Apple II.
> Since the Apple still sells, Apple should support it and promote the
> advantages of an Apple II over a Mac so that people can make their own
> decisions. Forcing everyone to buy an expensive Mac might boost sales
> in the short term but in I don't think that it will be very beneficial
> in the long run.

Why in the world would anyone think that a company would mind selling
expensive, unused technology to a user? And if it came to games,
word-proccessing, etc, (even though this is an Apple feed) there are machines
out there made by "other" companies that make Apple machines look sick... (I
don't own any but I have used them)

Long run?? You expect foresight from a company that tried to hoard $200
million in memory chips and got them shoved up the old wahzoo??? <grin>

/steve

| UUCP: crash!pro-exchange!sschneider               COMPU$ERVE : 75166,2544 |
| ARPA: crash!pro-exchange!sschneider@nosc.mil      GENIE      : sschneider |
| INET: sschneider@pro-exchange.cts.com             APLINK.PE  : <shrug>    |
| The RainForest @ 305-434-4927 / PO Box 841422, Pembroke Pines, Fl,  33084 |