[comp.sys.apple] Kermit 386 Problem

STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) (10/15/89)

  With Kermit 385, I used to occasionally receive a short file and,
while still connected, go off line for a minute and print out the file
(by typing SET PRINTER ON, TYPE <FILENAME>, and then after it's typed
out, typing SET PRINTER OFF) before getting back on-line.
  I tried doing that with Kermit 386 and my printer went haywire.  I
think it may have something to do with the message that goes to the
top of the screen when typing out a file (More, Scroll, Quit?).
Is there a fix for that?
  I also found that if I try to launch through Kermit.System, I bomb
into the monitor.  Everything works fine if I BRUN KERMIT from Basic.System.

Alan H. Stein              | stein@uconnvm.bitnet
Department of Mathematics  | stein%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
University of Connecticut  | ...psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN
32 Hillside Avenue         |
Waterbury, CT 06710        | Compu$erve  71545,1500
(203) 757-1231             | GEnie       ah.stein

blackman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Scott Michael Blackman) (10/16/89)

In article <8910150954.aa15272@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> STEIN@UCONNVM.BITNET (Alan Stein) writes:
>  I also found that if I try to launch through Kermit.System, I bomb
>into the monitor.  Everything works fine if I BRUN KERMIT from Basic.System.

Did you put a copy of BASIC.SYSTEM in the kermit directory?  I found
that Kermit.System NEEDS -- and actually loads -- Basic.System in
memory.  I ran into the same crashes until I actually put a copy on the
disk (which the readme tells us to do, anyway).

>Alan H. Stein              | stein@uconnvm.bitnet
>Department of Mathematics  | stein%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
>University of Connecticut  | ...psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!STEIN

Scott Blackman, 155 Forbes College  /  Princeton University
I have just discovered a proof of  /  blackman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Fermat's Last Theorem!  But it's  /  blackman@phoenix.UUCP, blackman@PUCC
too long to fit in this .sig...  /  ...allegra!princeton!(phoenix|pucc)!blackman