[comp.sys.apple] SIMMS

philip@pro-generic.cts.com (Philip McDunnough) (10/11/89)

I have 4 megs of SIMMS that are just "sitting around".They are meant for the
MacIIcx but I have found 5 megs to be sufficient there.Can these be used in
some way on the ROM3 GS(which I am about to get)? I have heard of Octo-Ram but
have no idea... .Please E-mail if possible.

Philip McDunnough   ->philip@utstat.toronto.edu

pyrros@udel.EDU (Chris Pyrros) (10/13/89)

In article <8910120739.AA17445@trout.nosc.mil> philip@pro-generic.cts.com (Philip McDunnough) writes:
>I have 4 megs of SIMMS that are just "sitting around".They are meant for the
>MacIIcx but I have found 5 megs to be sufficient there.Can these be used in
>some way on the ROM3 GS(which I am about to get)? I have heard of Octo-Ram but
>have no idea... .Please E-mail if possible.
>
>Philip McDunnough   ->philip@utstat.toronto.edu

You can use them in Applied Engineering's GS Ram Plus:

unpopulated:  $169
1 Mg:  $699
2 Mg:  $1249!!!!!

SIMMS are worth their weight in _________.
(hint:  it ain't gold)

shatara@memit.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (10/13/89)

-Message-Text-Follows-

In article <1506@sol.udel.EDU>, pyrros@udel.EDU (Chris Pyrros) writes...
>In article <8910120739.AA17445@trout.nosc.mil> philip@pro-generic.cts.com (Philip McDunnough) writes:
>>I have 4 megs of SIMMS that are just "sitting around".They are meant for the
>>MacIIcx but I have found 5 megs to be sufficient there.Can these be used in
>>some way on the ROM3 GS(which I am about to get)? I have heard of Octo-Ram but

>You can use them in Applied Engineering's GS Ram Plus:

    WRONG!  AE's GS-RAM Plus takes 1meg DIPS.

>2 Mg:  $1249!!!!!

    Very old LIST prices!  Just bought 2meg version for $369 from Quality
    Computers.

/chris

|        Chris Shatara       |      Internet:    shatara@memit.dec.com      |
|                            |                   shatara@memit.enet.dec.com |
|  Opinions expressed are    |      DEC Easynet: memit::shatara             |
|   mine and mine only!      |      UUCP:        ...!decwrl!memit!shatara   |

philip@pro-generic.cts.com (Philip McDunnough) (10/16/89)

Network Comment: to #6124 by pyrros@louie.udel.edu

I don't believe you can use them in any AE product(I called).

Philip McDunnough    ->philip@utstat.toronto.edu
:University of Toronto