[comp.sys.apple] Husc6.Harvard.Edu

NEWSMGR@VAXB.ACS.UNT.EDU (04/13/89)

From: newsmgr@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
Newsgroups: info-apple
Subject: husc6.harvard.edu
Date: 12 Apr 89 23:42:08 CST

Is husc6.harvard.edu still the place to ftp apple files from??

If yes then has anyone gotton through in the last two weeks?

thanks  larry

Larry Michalewicz              BitNet: LARRY@UNTVAX
Vax Programmer/Operator        THENET: NTVAXB::LARRY
Student of computer Science    Inter : LARRY@vaxb.acs.unt.edu
University of North Texas      SPAN  : UTSPAN::UTADNX::NTVAXB::LARRY
Denton, Texas  76203           AT&T  : 1 (817) 565-5578

>Is husc6.harvard.edu still the place to ftp apple files from??

For FTP fanciers, you can try the following:   <archive maintainer>
      Univ. of Michigan  35.1.1.43 "Todd A. Bakal" <Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU>
      Harvard            128.103.1.56 Paul Nakada <nakada@husc4.harvard.edu>
      Univ. of Kentucky  128.163.128.6 <aash@ms.uky.edu>

We haven't 'ftp' from here, but judging from the arrival (or lack of same)
from info-nets in the past two weeks, it appears there have been some net
problems (at mit.edu certainly) that may have affected access to harvard.edu

Murph Sewall                       Vaporware? ---> [Gary Larson returns 1/1/90]
Prof. of Marketing     Sewall@UConnVM.BITNET
Business School        sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu          [INTERNET]
U of Connecticut       {psuvax1 or mcvax }!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL     [UUCP]
           (203) 486-5246 [FAX] (203) 486-2489 [PHONE] 41 49N 72 15W [ICBM]

-+- I don't speak for my employer, though I frequently wish that I could

>Is husc6.harvard.edu still the place to ftp apple files from??

FTP:                                       <contact>
      Univ. of Michigan  35.1.1.43 "Todd A. Bakal" <Tabakal@UB.CC.UMICH.EDU>
      Harvard            128.103.1.56 Paul Nakada <nakada@husc4.harvard.edu>
      Univ. of Kentucky  128.163.128.6 <aash@ms.uky.edu>

>If yes then has anyone gotten through in the last two weeks?

Depending where you are located; the Internet can be sluggish (especially
between 9am and 5pm).  If you have trouble reaching Harvard, try one of the
other sites (same files).

ggray@wpi.wpi.edu (Gary Gray) (04/25/89)

In article <1371@vaxb.acs.unt.edu> newsmgr@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
>Is husc6.harvard.edu still the place to ftp apple files from??
>
>If yes then has anyone gotton through in the last two weeks?
>
>thanks  larry
>Larry Michalewicz              BitNet: LARRY@UNTVAX
>University of North Texas      SPAN  : UTSPAN::UTADNX::NTVAXB::LARRY
>Denton, Texas  76203           AT&T  : 1 (817) 565-5578
(sig edited)

I have gotten through to them several time in the last few weeks.

But I have had problems getting a useable connection to other places (Michigan
and Kentucky (?)) This may perhaps be normal for ftp.  I haven't been
using it that much, but it seems that at certain times during the day (around
9:00 at night) I have gotten transfer rates around .007 Kbytes/s. :-(

At times, even ftping to harvard (about 50 miles away, I don't know how
ftp is relayed though) is impossible.  As to ftping from husc6 alone,
I believe that there is a few other sites (Kentucky and Michigan) which carry
files, although I haven't had much luck linking up with them.

 _        			|
/ _ ar \/   ggray@wpi.bitnet    |  << generic clever and witty saying >>
\_| ra /    ggray@wpi.wpi.edu   |

UD182050@VM1.NODAK.EDU (Mike Aos) (10/16/89)

What's the deal with this site?  I did an anonymous log-on, and it looks real
neat, but I get the impression I can't get any of this stuff (the reason I say
this is I tried to CD many inner directories, and it said they didn't exist.
Either it aint gonna let me, or I typed it wrong.).   Anyone had any better
luck?  And, if so, what did you do to get it?

Osiris

ART100@psuvm.psu.edu ("Andy Tefft 862-6728", 814) (10/17/89)

>        I tried to CD many inner directories, and it said they didn't exist.
>Either it aint gonna let me, or I typed it wrong.).

The CD command is case sensitive. Try 'cd Util' instead of 'cd util'
for example, since it's listed as 'Util'.

krb20699@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (10/17/89)

     Make sure you type the directory in EXACTLY.  By exactly, I mean
case sensitively, i.e. type GSUtil, not gsutil.  It's capitalized in the
directories.
     Past that, it should work.

							Ken.