[comp.sys.apple] ][+ Power Supply

braun@cs.purdue.EDU (Matthew J. Braun) (10/19/89)

In article <8910161224.aa01962@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, 4156an@gmuvax.gmu.edu writes:

> Someone was asking about how to fix a broken ][+ power supply.
> I personally would suggest: don't bother.  My father <Some stuff deleted>
> You can get a heavy-duty power supply from Applied Engineering for $65
> or so; just plug it in and go.
> --Joe

I thought about the AE one.  My dealer offered me a "deal": AE power supply
and installation for $85.  No thanks.  I bought a new power supply and
fan/surge supressor from Jameco for my ][+ for less than the AE supply would
have cost me.  I'll vouch for their quality.

					-m@

dvac@druwa.ATT.COM (Daniel Vachon) (10/20/89)

In article <8345@medusa.cs.purdue.edu>, braun@cs.purdue.EDU (Matthew J. Braun) writes:
> In article <8910161224.aa01962@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, 4156an@gmuvax.gmu.edu writes:
> >
> > Someone was asking about how to fix a broken ][+ power supply.
>
> ...AE power supply and installation for $85.  No thanks.
> I bought a new power supply and fan/surge supressor from Jameco for my ][+
> for less than the AE supply would have cost me.
> I'll vouch for their quality.
> 					-m@

Me too.  I just purchased the Apple ][ Power Supply and Apple //e replacement
keyboard from Jameco for $45 a piece.  I have bought their power supplies
for my other computers in the past, and have had no problems with them.  The
vents keep it cool and it outlasts Apple Power Supplies hands down.  Check it
out!    Jameco is 415-592-8097.  The power supply is part # KHP4007.

Later - Dan Vachon -  !att!druwa!dvac

sschneider@pro-exchange.cts.com (The RainForest BBS) (10/21/89)

Comment to message from: braun@purdue.edu (Matthew J. Braun)

Power Supplies....

For those of you with "board-intensive" Apples (][, ][+ and //e... <I
don't know "nuthing 'bout them stinkin' GSs>) with heat problems, etc, I
reccomend you find a 100-200 watt "IBM-type" power-supply <with a built-in
fan>, match voltages and run an extension harness from the IBM PS to the
Apple. It gets all the PS heat out of the case and is more reliable. You can
shove the PS down on the floor behind the desk... out of sight; out of mind.

/steve
you can get one with twice the AE rating (which is already more that the
standard Apple-issue rating) for the same price. Check COMPUTER SHOPPER..

| UUCP: crash!pro-exchange!sschneider               COMPU$ERVE : 75166,2544 |
| ARPA: crash!pro-exchange!sschneider@nosc.mil      GENIE      : sschneider |
| INET: sschneider@pro-exchange.cts.com             APLINK.PE  : <shrug>    |
| The RainForest @ 305-434-4927 / PO Box 841422, Pembroke Pines, Fl,  33084 |