[comp.sys.apple] Help with AW & UltraMacros

shatara@memit.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (10/20/89)

I just got UltraMacros this week and have been having a ball with it.  I
have need to move data back and forth between a spreadsheet and a
database.  So far the one thing I cannot figure out how to do is to:

    Select a set of record based on a particular selection
    criteria. --- CAN DO

    Get a total of one or more catagories (of this subset) - CAN USE
    REPORT.

    Grab the total(s) and transfer them to the spreadsheet. <----HELP!

I've tried creating a report and print to screen, but its unclear that I
can pull off data from this.  I also haven't figured out if I can report
only the totals (summary only as in awgs) so that I can print to clipboard
adn then pull them into the spreadsheet.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.....Chris

|        Chris Shatara       |      Internet:    shatara@memit.dec.com      |
|                            |                   shatara@memit.enet.dec.com |
|  Opinions expressed are    |      DEC Easynet: memit::shatara             |
|   mine and mine only!      |      UUCP:        ...!decwrl!memit!shatara   |

mmunz@pro-beagle.cts.com (Mark Munz) (10/22/89)

Network Comment: to #11914 by mountn.dec.com!memit.dec.com@decuac.dec.com

Subject: Re: UltraMacros

>   Grab the total(s) and transfer them to the spreadsheet. <----HELP!
>
>I've tried creating a report and print to screen, but its unclear that I
{>can pull off data from this.  I also haven't figured out if I can report
>only the totals (summary only as in awgs) so that I can print to clipboard
>adn then pull them into the spreadsheet.
>
>Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.....Chris

 You can use the SCREEN command to scan the screen after printing a
 report to the screen (with totals). You'll have to do some playing as
 to where it is on the screen (all depends on the report format).

 Once you get the value, you can then transfer it over to the Spreadsheet.

Mark Munz

shatara@memit.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (10/22/89)

> You can use the SCREEN command to scan the screen after printing a
> report to the screen (with totals). You'll have to do some playing as
> to where it is on the screen (all depends on the report format).
>
> Once you get the value, you can then transfer it over to the Spreadsheet.

I believe I can figure out how to pull it off the screen (locate it) but I
believe it will be in string format, how do i convert it to a number and
KEEP THE DECIMAL PLACES (three places). This last thing I haven't been
able to do even in the spread sheet.

Regards, Chris